Old April 10th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default CondoBuster - - Good Results

I bought one of the CondoBuster antennas off ebay. I figured for $20
or so I couldn't go wrong.

This is one of those love or hate antennas. Strangely enough, most of
the hate postings on the antenna are from people who have never used
one. Anyhow, in my cast, the antenna was evrything the ad said it
was. I live in a second floor condo in a highly restrictive complex,
where little old ladies go around looking for condo rule violations
because they don't have anything else to do.

We have a large balcony with a peaked roof over it. I just stapled
the center of the CondoBuster under the peak at the apex and then ran
the antenna down each side of the peak. I fed it with RG-58 for about
a 25 foot run to the TS-850.

I am here to tell you that it works great. I have been off the air
for about four years. It is really a pleasure to be able to fire up
my TS-850 and actually talk to people. I can work just about anything
I hear.

The antenna is build for 10 through 20 meters, but I have been able to
load it on 40 meters with the internal tuner in the TS-850. It only
loads from about 7200 to 7250, but that is better then nothing.

If you are no able to get on the air because of local antenna
restrictions, I would highly recommend trying one of these.
73s
Helmut

Old April 12th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Does anyone have a print of each of the lengths of the legs.

Mike WB2GLW
"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On 10 Apr 2007 11:01:07 -0700, wrote:

I bought one of the CondoBuster antennas off ebay. I figured for $20
or so I couldn't go wrong.

Quite odd. You could have just pulled one from your closet (probably
why you didn't pay the $6 delivery charge). I also noticed you bought
one last summer for your boat. Do much sailing on the Platte river in
summer?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC