Old April 21st 07, 06:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Most of the free software you can use for HAM/Radio/antenna/ ... (on linux)

Sometimes works on Windows/Apple

http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/linux/radio.txt

20000+ other packages listed on:

http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/linux/software.txt

The French parliament is going to use Ubuntu.com linux as of this summer.

about this packages and this text:

Because I was unhappy I did not have a simple means to search the index of
all packages linux (in fact debian) gives me, I made a long text file which
consists of the package name, followed by its detailed information (if it
exists). That makes a file of about 15Mb, and 280.000 lines. Now, people
that DO NOT have linux can do a word search on this file, and will soon see
what applications interest them. Of course, I know this file contains some
overhead, but if you choose your search key well, the result will be
better ...

Here is the list:
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/linux/software.txt

Comments on typography are always welcome ... (I made this in a hurry, so
I'll change it anyway)

(In fact, it should be easy to make a html, but I won't spend too much time
now.)

Is there anybody that knows about this kind of text with all pkg included??
Of course, I know, if you have linux, you can start Synaptic, and do a
search there, but non linux users can't do that, and this is like a paper
dictionary: you look at a term, and you can let your eyes wonder around for
other terms, so that you learn things you didn't expected.... (and you
could search internet, or eg http://packages.ubuntu.com/edgy/ , but ... too
much clicking involved ...)

PS: if you are lucky, this software exists for you PC/ windows or for your
mac ...
But a linux install is less trouble, then you have ONE application which
shows all 20000+ software packages, one click, and they are installed.
On a platform like Windows, you need to surf to 20000 websites, download
implicitly, and install yourself. On Apple, you can use fink, and
sometimes reach 5000 packages, but you need to be a half unix expert, so yo
can better start of linux anyway ...
Shortwave transmissions in English, Francais, Nederlands, Deutsch,
Suid-Afrikaans, Chinese, Dansk, Urdu, Cantonese, Greek, Spanish,
Portuguese, ...
http://languageradio.tk Updated every 2-3 months.