Old May 28th 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Subscript test in html

On Sun, 27 May 2007 22:55:03 -0700, John Smith I
wrote:

If you have no interest in discussing sub/super scripted math equations
which involve those lovely greek characters, viewing them, stating them,
using them, or participating in the future high math discussions I see
coming on the horizon, you may wish to avoid my future posts.

That can be arranged.

Frankly, I wonder how anyone can get by without proper tools to display
equations properly--it has hampered me greatly! However, if you are of
that mind, DON'T bother getting a proper newsreader and remain back in
the 1980's ...

Frankly, I wonder about the arrogance of someone who decides: "MY
posts are REALLY IMPORTANT and I want to post equations, photos, or
whatever and YOU should equip yourself with whatever tools are
necessary to read MY IMPORTANT POSTS!

[snip]

Yanno, I should have asked, everyone here DOES own a scientific
programmable calculator, don't they? :-)

I happen to have several, but if someone else does not, why does it
matter?

News(group) flash. A lot of folks read groups via slow-speed
connections, cell phones, etc. They want only plain TEXT because it
sometimes costs them money or more important, time, to download all of
the bloat that seems to pollutes the Internet these days.

If you have some REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT html to post I suggest you
put it on a web page and provide a plain-text link to it.

I'm off to 20-meter CW now to do some communicating.
Old May 28th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Danny Richardson wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2007 18:14:18 -0700, John Smith I
wrote:

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutsTD/groupetiquette.cfm

Yep, time to rewrite that ...

JS
Old May 28th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Barnard Peters wrote:
On Sun, 27 May 2007 18:20:11 -0700, John Smith I wrote:

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" html

Getting garbage...
Turning off HTML

Freedom of speech, freedom of choice ... ain't it GREAT! GRIN

JS
Old May 28th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Wes Stewart wrote:

[...]

Only posts which are NOT important and those from the stone age, those
which are obscene/perverted ...

Of course, I don't know which "post rating system" you run by ...

JS
Old May 28th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutsTD/groupetiquette.cfm

Yep, time to rewrite that ...

JS

Well, it appears you didn't bother to read the portion on HTML
postings or would understand the reasoning behind that rule.

At this juncture, you have some choices: you could abide by the rules,
start a rec.binaries.radio.amateur.antenna group or continue to make
an ass of yourself by posting HTML text.

Danny, K6MHE

Old May 28th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

If you have no interest in discussing sub/super scripted math equations
which involve those lovely greek characters, viewing them, stating them,
using them, or participating in the future high math discussions I see
coming on the horizon, you may wish to avoid my future posts.

That can be arranged.

It has been arranged here.

Jonesy
Old May 28th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Danny Richardson wrote:

Well, it appears you didn't bother to read the portion on HTML
postings or would understand the reasoning behind that rule.

At this juncture, you have some choices: you could abide by the rules,
start a rec.binaries.radio.amateur.antenna group or continue to make
an ass of yourself by posting HTML text.

Danny, K6MHE

I don't believe you bothered to read it ...

It cites not making "attachments" (paraphrased here) unless absolutely
necessary. Demonstrate a method to sub/super script in plain text and I
will concede that anything other than plain text is un-necessary.

Html files ARE VERY SMALL!

.... get real ...

JS
Old May 28th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 28 May 2007 09:33:37 -0700, John Smith I
wrote:

Html files ARE VERY SMALL!

... get real ...

And you chose to tell us that in plain text.

There's reality for you Brett (ironył intended).
Old May 28th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:
And you chose to tell us that in plain text.

There's reality for you Brett (ironył intended).

Friends call me "Plan John" too ... grin

But, as usual, you are correct ... HTML was unnecessary in the preceding
message--as well as this one. ;-)

Warm regards,
JS