Old May 28th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Subscript test in html

Old May 28th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith I wrote:

Power Received by a Hertz Antenna

P =  (PtGtGrλ2) / (16π2d2)

Old May 28th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith I wrote:

HTML
HEAD/HEAD
BODY
pre
Power Received by a Hertz Antenna
/pre/br
p style="margin: 0px 20" align="justify"b

font face="Arial" color="#800080" style="font-size: 10pt"P =

(Psubt/subGsubt/subGsubr/sub/font/bobfont
face="Arial" color="#800080" style="font-size: 10pt"λsup2/sup)
/ (16πsup2/supdsup2/sup) /font/b/p
pre
whe
P = received power (W)
Pt = transmitted power (W)
Gt = gain ratio of transmitting antenna relative to an isotropic radiator
Gr = gain ratio of receiving antenna relative to an isotropic radiator
? = wavelength (m)
d = distance between antennas (m)

!-- ampersand pound &#960
&#955 --

/HTML

Old May 28th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Old May 28th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith I ) writes:

Well bozo, this isn't a test newsgroup. And realistically,
non-text does not belong in discussion newsgroups.

And no, this isn't a "free speech" issue, it merely means
you are too lazy to find a test newsgroup, or don't care
one bit about an existing newsgroup.

Michael VE2BVW

Old May 28th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Michael Black wrote:
John Smith I ) writes:

Well bozo, this isn't a test newsgroup. And realistically,
non-text does not belong in discussion newsgroups.

And no, this isn't a "free speech" issue, it merely means
you are too lazy to find a test newsgroup, or don't care
one bit about an existing newsgroup.

Michael VE2BVW

Well idiot, I could just start subscripting stuff and if it works here,
it works ...

Further idiot, html is NOT binary is ONLY TEXT ...

But then, an idiot like you should not bother his head with such ...

PLONKERS!!!

JS
Old May 28th 07, 06:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith I wrote in news:f3diqe$om9$3
@nnrp.linuxfan.it:

Well idiot, I could just start subscripting stuff and if it works here,
it works ...

Further idiot, html is NOT binary is ONLY TEXT ...

With that interpretation, you probably take the view that a UUENCODED file
is ONLY TEXT.

Most of us respect the convention of plain text only in newsgroups other
than declared binary groups.

No doubt there is some reader that interprets your HTML tagged text, but
many if not most readers do not. There is a simple solution to seeing this
stuff...

Owen
Old May 28th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Owen Duffy wrote:

[...]

Owen:

If you have no interest in discussing sub/super scripted math equations
which involve those lovely greek characters, viewing them, stating them,
using them, or participating in the future high math discussions I see
coming on the horizon, you may wish to avoid my future posts.

Frankly, I wonder how anyone can get by without proper tools to display
equations properly--it has hampered me greatly! However, if you are of
that mind, DON'T bother getting a proper newsreader and remain back in
the 1980's ...

Mainly, I am just preparing for Cecil, when he gets back from where ever
he has gone ... his embarking down paths most avoid causes me to "step
up to the plate" and get prepared! I imagine most here are either
unwilling or unable, for them I suggest just downloading EZNEC (or
another appliance application) and letting it do it for you ...

And, you are correct, uuencoding results in all text printable ascii
characters. Worse yet, you are correct again, html uses all printable
ascii characters! Now, how your newsreader is set to interpret them (if
it can) is up to you! If you came to play with the big boys, I hope you
brought the right tools.

Yanno, I should have asked, everyone here DOES own a scientific
programmable calculator, don't they? :-)

Regards,
JS
Old May 28th 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 27 May 2007 18:20:11 -0700, John Smith I wrote:

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" html

Getting garbage...
Turning off HTML

Old May 28th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 27 May 2007 18:14:18 -0700, John Smith I
wrote:

http://www.gotfusion.com/tutsTD/groupetiquette.cfm