Old July 3rd 07, 06:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Help with EZNEC

I've been out of the country for three weeks during which Internet
access was unexpectedly spotty. I did put a priority on answering email,
however. Emailing me is a better way to get support for EZNEC than
posting on a newsgroup -- assuming you purchased EZNEC rather than
obtaining it by some other means. I apologize if I did fail to answer an
email message. The volume has been too high to quite keep up with.

To answer the question: There's no way to add gain to an antenna pattern
unless you want to save it in a trace (plot) file and modify the file.
The binary file format is described in detail in the EZNEC manual.

It's easy, however, to reduce the gain of the other antenna -- just add
a resistive load in the same segment as the source. You can reduce the
gain by any amount you'd like by using this method.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

amdx wrote:
I'm comparing elevation plots of an antenna. They have different
forward gains, this makes it difficult to compare the lobe shape.

Is there a way to equalize the gains to do a comparison?

Example: I have an antenna that is -19dbi and one that is -23dbi.
Can I add 4db of gain to one to make the comparison easier?
Mike

Old July 3rd 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Help with EZNEC- Hey Roy!

By the way, with EZNEC v. 4.0 or higher, you can also get a direct
readout of the difference in gains between the reference trace (the
current model when in regular operation, or the primary trace in
TraceView mode) and any added trace: After adding one or more traces,
just click on the name of the desired comparison trace in the upper left
corner of the 2D plot window. The gain difference is the last item in
the right column in the data window below the plot.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Jim - NN7K wrote:
Try this (with Eznec 5)

Step 1 Open (or write) your file. . .

Old July 3rd 07, 06:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ian White GM3SEK wrote:

FYI, Roy will be at the Friedrichshafen hamfest in Germany next week, so
he may already be traveling.

Like most travelers, he may have access to e-mail, but is unlikely to
have a newsgroup feed.

True.

But the very pleasant dinner with Ian and his lovely wife was a much
better way to spend an evening than sorting through the flotsam of a
newsgroup!

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old July 3rd 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

amdx wrote:
I'm comparing elevation plots of an antenna. They have different
forward gains, this makes it difficult to compare the lobe shape.

Is there a way to equalize the gains to do a comparison?

Example: I have an antenna that is -19dbi and one that is -23dbi.
Can I add 4db of gain to one to make the comparison easier?
Mike- Hide quoted text -

Roy, I have a serious complaint about Eznec+ 5.0... I can't believe
you could drop the ball this badly... Come on man, get a grip... I
expect better of you...

Every time I click on the far field plot it now comes up so fast I
don't have time to get a sip from my beer... Ya know, I'm not a
camel! A man could die of thirst using this program... sheeeesh...

denny / k8do

Old July 3rd 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Denny wrote:

Roy, I have a serious complaint about Eznec+ 5.0... I can't believe
you could drop the ball this badly... Come on man, get a grip... I
expect better of you...

Every time I click on the far field plot it now comes up so fast I
don't have time to get a sip from my beer... Ya know, I'm not a
camel! A man could die of thirst using this program... sheeeesh...

Just put it on a Vista machine. That'll slow anything down! ;^)

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

[help] eznec\4 pro zzl Antenna 8 July 11th 05 04:48 AM
[help] eznec\4 pro zzl Antenna 4 July 10th 05 06:50 PM
EZNEC ARRL and EZNEC 4 Demo: Setting default folders Buck Antenna 2 June 16th 05 01:33 AM
eznec 4.0 zeman Antenna 5 May 11th 05 07:14 PM
EZNEC Help JerryB Antenna 8 August 19th 04 02:54 AM