Old August 14th 07, 05:26 AM
Junior Member

Location: I live in Narre Warren near Melbourne
Default 2/70 mobile antenna construction details?

Hi all, I recently picked up some 5 ft fibre glass antenna blanks complete with the 5/16" base fitted from a hamvention. I thought I might have a go at making a 2/70 cm mobile whip from one of them. I have trawled the net looking for design info or construction plans, but so far nothing has surfaced. Does anyone know of any web sites that may help in this quest. Alternatively are there any magazine articles around that i can look up. My work has an extensive library of amateur radio magazines, but some pointers to which magazine and year would save me a lot of searching.

Many thanks for looking
Mike VK3XL