Old February 13th 04, 01:25 PM
Richard

Default Remodelling commercial VHF yagi beams.

Hi.

I'm wanting to have a marine band 5 element yagi. You cannot buy these
things. Seems to me, that I could say myself some hassle by just buying a 5
element FM yagi, and scaling things down. Only major snag could be
adjusting the folded dipole, I would have to cut that in the middle as well
as at the connection ends.

Anyone tried modifying a commercial VHF yagi beam with folded dipole?

Old February 14th 04, 10:57 AM
Richard

Henry Hudson wrote:
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:25:58 -0000, "Richard"
wrote:

I'm wanting to have a marine band 5 element yagi. You cannot buy these
things.

ROTFLMAO!!! Any commercial radio equipment vendor has yagis for the
156MHz range. Try Tesso and Hutton. Made by Maxrad, Antennex,
Comtelco, Andrew, Telewave, and a few doxen others.

Of course you can buy these things, I know that, but what I meant to say was
not
cheaply. Not to my knowledge.

http://www.cebik.com/scales.html

Bit about scaling.

Old February 14th 04, 03:55 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Richard,

I think the FM antenna would be too far off frequency to trim to size. A
better bet would be to get a used 2 meter antenna, and trim that. To a first
approximation, to get resonance at 156 MHz, you would cut off about 7% from
each element.

Tam/WB2TT

HY-Gain 20 meter yagi Mel Antenna 1 May 7th 09 06:06 PM
Quad vs Yagi (or log) Thierry Antenna 23 February 18th 04 08:38 PM
beams none Antenna 1 September 15th 03 08:58 PM
Matching 70 cm Yagi to coax feedline MikeN Antenna 6 September 1st 03 11:32 PM
6m Yagi Jason Dugas Antenna 7 July 14th 03 03:30 AM