Old September 24th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default I suspect, if Einstein were given a word ...

Perhaps?

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to
reality."--Albert Einstein

And, I humbly propose:

"Too often, the ignorant are quick to conceal their ignorance in
complexity not well grasped by common men."--John Smith

Regards,
JS
Old September 25th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Outstanding Fergus. Though I would change "which" to "that" as the Unknown
is defining the type of language. 73, Mac N8TT

..... and I want nothing to do with the this tar-baby topic. The thing
speaks for itself.

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"fergus" wrote in message

"People who know what they are talking about can afford to use
language which everyone understands" -- Unknown

--

Fergus

Old September 25th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

And, I humbly propose:

"Too often, the ignorant are quick to conceal their ignorance in
complexity not well grasped by common men."--John Smith

Regards,
JS

I represent that remark. my good man.
My ignorance will heretofore never be concealed again.
I can display my ignorance with the best of'em.

Old September 25th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Hal Rosser wrote:

I represent that remark. my good man.
My ignorance will heretofore never be concealed again.
I can display my ignorance with the best of'em.

Hal:

Interesting, I agree!

We are all ignorant on some points, it is mankinds' lot. The wiser will
attempt to gain understanding to cure this "disorder."

The "terminally ignorant" will maintain their status ...

Regards,
JS
Old September 26th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
Perhaps?

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not
certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to
reality."--Albert Einstein

And, I humbly propose:

"Too often, the ignorant are quick to conceal their ignorance in
complexity not well grasped by common men."--John Smith

I think that's true. I like it.

I like this one too:

"He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know."

ac6xg

Old September 26th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jim Kelley wrote:
"He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know."

In the same vein: Better to appear ignorant than
open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old September 26th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jim Kelley wrote:

I think that's true. I like it.

I like this one too:

"He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know."

ac6xg

I disagree ...

"Those who seldom open their mouths seldom have opportunity to cure
their ignorance."--John Smith

"To admit ones ignorance implies the desire to dispel it."--John Smith

"There are no stupid questions, only people too stupid to pose
questions."--John Smith

"Those who attempt control usually end up stagnating in
rec.radio.amateur.moderated"--John Smith

Regards,
JS
Old September 26th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:
Jim Kelley wrote:

"He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know."

In the same vein: Better to appear ignorant than
open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :-)

I agree. Standing around with your mouth hanging open does tend to
make one appear ignorant. :-)

ac6xg

Old September 26th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:

In the same vein: Better to appear ignorant than
open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :-)

Cecil:

You got it pegged.

However, admitting ones ignorance demands they attempt to remedy it.
And, certainly demands more respect ...

In such a world, the silent-ignorant-majority would rein supreme! (and,
most likely, only hold dialog in CW) ;-)

Regards,
JS
Old September 26th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:

Jim Kelley wrote:

I think that's true. I like it.

I like this one too:

"He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know."

ac6xg

I disagree ...

"Those who seldom open their mouths seldom have opportunity to cure
their ignorance."--John Smith

"To admit ones ignorance implies the desire to dispel it."--John Smith

"There are no stupid questions, only people too stupid to pose
questions."--John Smith

"Those who attempt control usually end up stagnating in
rec.radio.amateur.moderated"--John Smith

"Foolishness is not diluted by it's own abundance." Jim Kelley

ac6xg