Old November 10th 07, 07:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Please help

I need a 60 meter transmitting aerial for a HF
Shortwave service with 1kw

Can anyone tell me where to get one

A web ddresss? ?

Old November 10th 07, 12:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

SPAM FREE australia.radio.broadcast.moderated (Keitha)_ wrote:
I need a 60 meter transmitting aerial for a HF
Shortwave service with 1kw

Can anyone tell me where to get one

===============================
== 60 metres ,hence freq is 5 MHz ?
== Fixed frequency ?
== What is desired operating range ?
== What area is available to accommodate an antenna?

If for a limited range I would put up a single tubular (guyed) mast with
a non-metal top end and fit an inverted V shape dipole with a suitable
length of twin feeder and a current balun/choke near the transmitter
,assuming the transmitter needs to see a 50 Ohms resistive load.
The dipole would be 2 times 15 metres long with the twin feeder length
30 meters or a multiple thereof .

Alternatively an inverted V dipole ,length 2 times 30 metres with the
twin feeder length 15 metres or an odd multiple thereof.

Your question is too broad , please specify purpose and operating
freq/range of the transmitter.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH
Old November 11th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Nov 10, 1:51 am, "SPAM FREE australia.radio.broadcast.moderated
(Keitha)_" wrote:
I need a 60 meter transmitting aerial for a HF
Shortwave service with 1kw

Can anyone tell me where to get one

A web ddresss? ?

That's sort of a 'broad' question. Depends a lot on where the
antenna is to be situated and the state of your bank account versus
your building abilities.
An antenna's environment determines much of it's electrical
characteristics, so that can be an important part of the 'selecting'
process. An antenna's mechanical characteristics also are part of
that 'selecting' process. There are gobs of antenna 'styles'/types so
those mechanical 'problems' can usually be sorted out easily, sort of.
Can't give you a particular address for that antenna, but would
suggest doing lots of 'shopping' before buying. Making one to fill
your need isn't unreasonable at all and can certainly be cheaper
(important consideration if you're as 'cheap' as I am!).
Good luck.
- 'Doc

Old November 12th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

(Keitha)_" wrote:
[...]

Thanks

[...]

May be

http://members.tripod.com/~KE4UYP/60...V_Antenna.html