Old May 23rd 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Sunspot cycle more dud than radiation flood

Ed Cregger wrote:
Good grief, the new sunspot cycle has barely begun. Give it a little time.
It is way too soon to expect any fireworks, even in an exceptional solar
cycle.

Hi Ed,

That whole "report" is more of an attempt to discredit global warming
than it is anything else.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

....still waiting for a scientific refutation of the heat retaining
effect of increasing percentages of CO2 in gaseous media......
Old May 23rd 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message
Ed Cregger wrote:
Good grief, the new sunspot cycle has barely begun. Give it a little
time. It is way too soon to expect any fireworks, even in an exceptional
solar cycle.

Hi Ed,

That whole "report" is more of an attempt to discredit global warming than
it is anything else.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

-------------

Well, I'm not ready to give up my internal combustion engines just yet.
Neither side has convincing arguments as far as I'm concerned. And I do not
trust the global warming folks at all, since most of their claims are
unprovable and I suspect their leaders' political motives.

The real answer to global warming, assuming it exists and assuming that we
are causing it, is a severe population reduction. Any volunteers?

I didn't think so...G

Ed, NM2K

Old May 23rd 08, 09:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ed Cregger wrote:
Good grief, the new sunspot cycle has barely begun. Give it a little
time. It is way too soon to expect any fireworks, even in an exceptional
solar cycle.

Hi Ed,

That whole "report" is more of an attempt to discredit global warming than
it is anything else.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

-------------

Well, I'm not ready to give up my internal combustion engines just yet.
Neither side has convincing arguments as far as I'm concerned. And I do not
trust the global warming folks at all, since most of their claims are
unprovable and I suspect their leaders' political motives.

Smart man, Ed. Listen to the science, not the politicians. When I see
people lining up by party, I tend to discount the politics.

But there is some science here that is fact. The rest is pretty
compelling. What is needed is the disbelievers to come up with equally
valid science to show why the fist fact is being negated.

That is all I ask - No Algore insults or whatever the leeburuls do to
make fun of the other side. Kind of like Moore's law, first person that
brings politics into it loses.

hmmm Coslo's law?? My chance at netnews immortality.... 8^)

The real answer to global warming, assuming it exists and assuming that we
are causing it, is a severe population reduction. Any volunteers?

If I may be so gloomy, Ed, I think Mother Nature is very close to a
self correcting move in that direction. I suspect a global famine in the
not too distant future. In some parts of the world, rice is now costing
more that we pay for beef.

Buy Febreeze stock........

- 73 d eMike N3LI -
Old May 23rd 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Michael Coslo wrote:

Buy Febreeze stock........

Proctor and Gamble closed at $65.27 today. It paid $0.40 a share last
quarter.

Hi Mike, speaking of things that are possible, it's possible that the
hot air Al Gore produces has contributed more to global warming than
anything else. Personally, I don't believe that. I think it's caused
by the Sun.

ac6xg

Old May 31st 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jim Kelley" wrote in message
Michael Coslo wrote:

Buy Febreeze stock........

Proctor and Gamble closed at $65.27 today. It paid $0.40 a share last
quarter.

Hi Mike, speaking of things that are possible, it's possible that the hot
air Al Gore produces has contributed more to global warming than anything
else. Personally, I don't believe that. I think it's caused by the Sun.

ac6xg

-----------

Years ago I noticed a change in the color of the light being emitted by the
Sun. I also noticed a difference in how it felt on my arm while driving the
car. At the time I attributed the differences to my own personal aging.
Lately I have begun to think that my first suspicions were correct.
Something had changed in the nature of the solar output.

This would also partially account for the melting of the polar ice caps on
Mars. I find it odd that I haven't been able to find any confirming data
from respectable scientific sources illustrating a change in solar output.
Maybe I missed it?

Ed, NM2K

Old May 31st 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message

"Jim Kelley" wrote in message
Michael Coslo wrote:

[...]

you can't trust mars, we have landed too many probes there now and they are
obviously contributing to the warming. They are even measuring warming on
Jupiter and we have only had one or two probes burn up there i think.

Old June 1st 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dave" wrote in message

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message

"Jim Kelley" wrote in message
Michael Coslo wrote:

[...]

----------

Damn! You're right. I hadn't thought of that possibility. Plus the Jupiter
thing. After all, we nuked Junpiter.

Ed, NM2K

Old June 2nd 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ed Cregger wrote:

I find it odd that I haven't been able to find any confirming data
from respectable scientific sources illustrating a change in solar output.

I have trouble finding data that doesn't show changes in solar output.

ac6xg

Old May 23rd 08, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Michael Coslo wrote:
...still waiting for a scientific refutation of the heat retaining
effect of increasing percentages of CO2 in gaseous media......

Every time it has happened in the past, an ice age
followed. One might argue that a certain level of CO2
actually triggers an ice age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:V...core-petit.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...emperature.png
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 23rd 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Michael Coslo wrote:
...still waiting for a scientific refutation of the heat retaining effect
of increasing percentages of CO2 in gaseous media......

Every time it has happened in the past, an ice age
followed. One might argue that a certain level of CO2
actually triggers an ice age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:V...core-petit.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:I...emperature.png
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Yup. Kind of hard to refute the geological data on that one.

Ed, NM2K

First sunspot of cycle 24 spotted, gloom and doom perdicted :-) robert casey Dx 0 January 5th 08 10:56 PM
Sunspot Cycle 24 SW4ever Shortwave 5 September 3rd 07 08:12 PM
Sunspot cycle/Propagation - Vince[_2_] Shortwave 8 March 4th 07 04:19 PM
Sunspot cycle info please FAZAMY Dx 10 January 1st 04 10:54 AM
Sunspot cycle info please FAZAMY Dx 0 December 31st 03 03:35 PM