Old July 26th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Bicycle frame as antenna?

I'd like to set up a "bait-bike"
Cell phone left on, under the seat.
When missing, call the cops and give them the phone number to track.
Old July 27th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:
I'd like to set up a "bait-bike"

Cell phone left on, under the seat.
When missing, call the cops and give them the phone number to track.

In my area, keeping a bicycle has always been difficult. Reporting a
bicycle theft to the police provoked a response from them, similar to,
"We probably won't find it."

Of course, stolen autos/motorcycles provoke a similar response. One is
left with the opinion they have much better things to do ... like
enforcing the laws which actually generate revenue for the
city/county/state ...

The chain and lock I now carry in a bag on my bike weighs more than the
bike itself ... some in my bike group first laughed. Now those who
laughed, who still have a bike, carry something similar.

Heck, maybe I am fighting an uphill battle--perhaps "they" are
right--and the wife and I don't need a bike. :-(

Anyway, I digress, I like your idea--but, what about a 1/2 pound of C4
under the seat, instead? evil grin

Regards,
JS
Old July 27th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
In my area, keeping a bicycle has always been difficult. Reporting a
bicycle theft to the police provoked a response from them, similar to,
"We probably won't find it."

I even recognized the thief who stole my bicycle.
The police refused to do anything because the thief
told them that he had "borrowed" it and returned it
by leaving it on my porch that same night and he
didn't know what happened to it after that.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old July 27th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:
John Smith wrote:
In my area, keeping a bicycle has always been difficult. Reporting a
bicycle theft to the police provoked a response from them, similar to,
"We probably won't find it."

I even recognized the thief who stole my bicycle.
The police refused to do anything because the thief
told them that he had "borrowed" it and returned it
by leaving it on my porch that same night and he
didn't know what happened to it after that.

I am afraid, my response to "the cops", may have been along the lines:
"Oh YEAH! What was I ever thinking? That happens to me AND the
neighbors all the time!"

Laughing-To-Keep-From-Crying :-|

Regards,
JS

Old July 29th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:

John Smith wrote:
In my area, keeping a bicycle has always been difficult. Reporting a
bicycle theft to the police provoked a response from them, similar to,
"We probably won't find it."

I even recognized the thief who stole my bicycle.
The police refused to do anything because the thief
told them that he had "borrowed" it and returned it
by leaving it on my porch that same night and he
didn't know what happened to it after that.

Take 'em to small claims court?
--
(Robert Smits, Ladysmith BC)

"I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil. I simply suspect
that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't need an
interpreter." - Nicholas Petreley

Old July 29th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Robert Smits wrote:
Take 'em to small claims court?

Take a homeless meth addict, who begs for money
door to door, to court? Shirley, you jest.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old July 30th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:

Robert Smits wrote:
Take 'em to small claims court?

Take a homeless meth addict, who begs for money
door to door, to court? Shirley, you jest.

I wouldn't either, but that part wasn't mentioned before.

Bob

--
(Robert Smits, VE7HS, Ladysmith BC)