Old August 10th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SONG

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5pgLbBfzObk

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SONG WHEN it comes to the end? I used to listen to
this song when I was studying in canada?

Old August 11th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Lee Lee is offline

"solid" wrote in message ...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5pgLbBfzObk

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SONG WHEN it comes to the end? I used to listen to
this song when I was studying in canada?

I Wanna Make You A Star ??

Lee.

Old August 12th 08, 07:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Lee" schreef in bericht

"solid" wrote in message ...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5pgLbBfzObk

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SONG WHEN it comes to the end? I used to listen
to this song when I was studying in canada?

I Wanna Make You A Star ??

Lee.

simply red (group) stars

look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpHRHSLWBMw
eric b te hhw (netherlands)

Old August 13th 08, 03:53 AM
Junior Member

Location: Orlando, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by solid View Post
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5pgLbBfzObk

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SONG WHEN it comes to the end? I used to listen to
this song when I was studying in canada?
What do songs have to do with Ham Radio Antennae.
Dosen't this belong in "Radio Banter General Forum".
Old August 13th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

KJ4DIY wrote:
solid;641965 Wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5pgLbBfzObk

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SONG WHEN it comes to the end? I used to listen
this song when I was studying in canada?

What do songs have to do with Ham Radio Antennae.
Dosen't this belong in "Radio Banter General Forum".

What do radio antennae have to do with radio antennas?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Old August 13th 08, 02:36 PM
Junior Member

Location: Orlando, Fl
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Coslo View Post
KJ4DIY wrote:
solid;641965 Wrote:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5pgLbBfzObk

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE SONG WHEN it comes to the end? I used to listen
this song when I was studying in canada?

What do songs have to do with Ham Radio Antennae.
Dosen't this belong in "Radio Banter General Forum".

What do radio antennae have to do with radio antennas?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -
The correct plural form of Antenna is Antennae.
I you prefer Antennas fine I have been told recently by an Elmer that this was the correct term.
The question here is not grammar but staying on topic for this forum.
I'm not trying to cause an argument we have different forums so everyone can have there say.
Let’s just stay on the topics of each forum.
73's
Old August 13th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Michael Coslo wrote:

What do radio antennae have to do with radio antennas?

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Aye Captain ... do antennas exist as an island?

What antenna can function without parameters?; A feed-line, a rig to
drive it, a media to propagate through, an operator to operate it,
inherent dangers, neighbors to complain of it, etc.? grin

Regards,
JS
Old August 13th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

KJ4DIY wrote:

The correct plural form of Antenna is Antennae.
I you prefer Antennas fine I have been told recently by an Elmer that
this was the correct term.
The question here is not grammar but staying on topic for this forum.
I'm not trying to cause an argument we have different forums so
everyone can have there say.
Let’s just stay on the topics of each forum.
73's

I would be willing to accept that; and no, I don't feel like researching
it ...

However, ants' have antennae, moths do, butterflies do, beetles, etc.

I tend to have antennas ... ;-)

Regards,
JS

Old August 13th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

KJ4DIY wrote:
The correct plural form of Antenna is Antennae. ...
I have been told recently by an Elmer that
this was the correct term.

For the members of the amateur radio community who are
insects, your Elmer is correct. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old August 13th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:

For the members of the amateur radio community who are
insects, your Elmer is correct. :-)

I can tell you HAVE been doing your research! grin

THIS:

* (pl., antennae). Pair of segmented appendages (feelers) located on
head and sensory in function (Fig. 1).
http://www.sidney.ars.usda.gov/grass...e/Glossary.htm

* One of a pair of sensory appendages on each side of an insect's head.
http://www.frankstehno.com/sagemesa/...rms/aterms.htm

* (plural antennae) The sensory organs on the head. Stag beetles have
two antennae or 'feelers' with a characteristic shape at the end, which
is the same for all the beetles that belong to the Lucanidae family. It
is with their antennae that stag beetles pick up important pheromone
signals.
maria.fremlin.de/stagbeetles/glossary.html

* Antennae (singular antenna) are paired appendages connected to the
front-most segments of arthropods. In crustaceans, they are biramous and
present on the first two segments of the head, with the smaller pair
known as antennules. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antenna (biology)

* A feeler organ on the head of an insect, crab, or other animal; A
device to receive or transmit radio-frequency signal by converting
electromagnetic radiation into electrical signal; The faculty of
intuitive astuteness
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/antenna

THESE FOUND HE

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...na&btnG=Search

AND, THAT PAGE FOUND WITH THIS GOOGLE SEARCH TERM:

define:antenna

Gawd I had it when we get bored ... ;-)

Regards,
JS

MY SONG Roger Wiseman Policy 1 October 4th 06 02:20 PM
I HAVE MY OWN SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AB8MQ Policy 0 April 22nd 06 06:37 PM
my song AB8MQ General 14 April 16th 06 01:44 AM
I HAVE MY OWN SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AB8MQ Policy 11 February 20th 06 05:15 PM
Q R S song - new! radiok3pi Antenna 0 August 9th 04 10:25 PM