Old July 28th 03, 08:20 PM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

Default Bob Hope

Isn't it really neat when somebody from the
otherside of the river makes good.
Farewell
Art

Old July 28th 03, 09:49 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Alan P. Biddle" wrote in message
I have this whimsical picture in my mind of Bob and Bing doing the
patty cake routine on St. Peter, and then soft shoeing through the
Pearly Gates.

Thanks for the memories!

Alan

I saw Bob and company at Tan Son Nhut Airbase, Republic of Vietnam back in
the 60s. I didn't get close because I was on duty. But was near enough to
hear the roars of joy. What a site. Thousands of GIs wearing everything
from class A uniforms to dirty combat boots standing and cheering this
American HERO.

This morning I shed a tear. Goodby Bob....yes indeed...thanks for the
memories (the only good ones I have of that time).

Dan/W4NTI

Old July 28th 03, 10:28 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

This morning I shed a tear. Goodby Bob....yes indeed...thanks for the
memories (the only good ones I have of that time).

Dan/W4NTI

When anyone is in Washington DC, stop at the Basilica of Immaculate Conception
and say a prayer for his soul at the beautiful altar/wing that Hopes have
graciously funded. What a performer, artist, humanist and dedicated person.
RIP Bob, we will be laughing at your stuff for a long time.

Yuri, K3BU
Old July 28th 03, 11:50 PM
Peter Brackett

Yuri:

As I am sure Red Skelton will probably say, "God Bless".

Bob Hope is someone all of us should emulate! A "real" person.

Peace,

--
Peter K1PO