Old September 8th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Food for thought

Centuries past there was a cold spell on Earth where it is stated
radiation propagation did not occur because of the lack of sun spot
observations. This period lasted about 30 years if my memory is
correct.
Now we appear to be in a state of global warming presumably because of
the actions of the Suns vibrancy which would suggest the present
increase in sunspot activity of the past century will continue to
increase and the next Sun spot cycle will be a good one. So don't give
up on antenna experiments just yet as the particulates will be a
coming
Art KB9MZ...xg
Old September 8th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:
Centuries past there was a cold spell on Earth where it is stated
radiation propagation did not occur because of the lack of sun spot
observations. This period lasted about 30 years if my memory is
correct. ...
Art KB9MZ...xg

With "radio" being discovered in 1895 by Tesla:

http://www.pbs.org/tesla/ll/ll_whoradio.html

how many "centuries" are you talking about?; and, can you provide a
lead to this data you are referencing?

Regards,
JS

--
It is like a nightmare where the public servants are the people which
the police are supposed to protect us from!
Old September 9th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 8, 5:59*pm, John Smith wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
Centuries past there was a cold spell on Earth where it is stated
radiation propagation did not occur because of the lack of sun spot
observations. This period lasted about 30 years if my memory is
correct. ...
Art KB9MZ...xg

With "radio" being discovered in 1895 by Tesla:

http://www.pbs.org/tesla/ll/ll_whoradio.html

how many "centuries" are you talking about?; *and, can you provide a
lead to this data you are referencing?

Regards,
JS

--
It is like a nightmare where the public servants are the people which
the police are supposed to protect us from!

I do believe it was in the early 1800s because the River Thames froze
in London such that they were able to
have a fair on the ice.Remember the river is tidal ! I seem to
remember that there were no sunspots observed for some thirty years!
Not a good time for radio if it happens again. I will research for the
actual facts and get back to the forum
Regards
Art Unwin KB9MZ.......xg
Old September 9th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:
I do believe it was in the early 1800s ...

From Wikipedia: "Some confine the Little Ice Age to
approximately the 16th century to the mid 19th century."
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old September 9th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 8, 8:04*pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I do believe it was in the early 1800s ...

*From Wikipedia: "Some confine the Little Ice Age to
approximately the 16th century to the mid 19th century."
--
73, Cecil *http://www.w5dxp.com

It was recently reported that zero sunspots were recorded in August of
this year. However, there must be some charged material up there since
I consistently hear CQ's from Europe in the morning hours and Western
states (and sometime Europe in the afternoons) on 20m. The Maritime
Mobile net is alive and well. I know there's nothing on 10m, which I
believe should be more more utilized in the FM mode with repeaters to
promote local utilization. Otherwise the unlicensed 18 wheeler
transportation industry will take it over for us.

Old September 9th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 8, 7:04*pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I do believe it was in the early 1800s ...

*From Wikipedia: "Some confine the Little Ice Age to
approximately the 16th century to the mid 19th century."
--
73, Cecil *http://www.w5dxp.com

I read it in either the Smithsonian or the Scientific American
and as I remember the article involved Black Holes which at the time i
likened to
the Newton reaction to the Big Bang which I apothesized the Black Hole
duplicating
the swirl of an eddy current to create balance in the Universe. Yes, I
know I am mad, or insane
but without imagination and "what if's" I would wither away. Soooooo
you will have to go to the library
and look at back copies say for four months and then you will find it.
When I say early 1800 I remember seeing
the old sailing barges on oil paintings of the same era which traveled
up river from the tidal basin where my grandfather was a customs
inspector
I was born in the docklands less than a mile from the Tower of London
so the rivers history stays with you as well as the destroyed
residence near St Georges!.
I remember waiting for the tide to go down and then pick up pieces of
thrown away clay pipes of Elisabethan
times in the hope that I would get a match. Very Very difficult to do
but I guess they only used the pipe once and then threw it away
thus many pieces. The docks were all bombed and set afire with
magnesium so it was natural to demolish them when shipping boxes
came into fashion and they moved the docks to a sea port on the East
coast. Union tickets were prized for workers as they were handed down
in the family
One Uncle was a stevedore but I turned the ticket down to become an
engineer with peanut salary!
Art
Art
Old September 9th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:
I do believe it was in the early 1800s ...

*From Wikipedia: "Some confine the Little Ice Age to
approximately the 16th century to the mid 19th century."
--
73, Cecil *http://www.w5dxp.com

It was recently reported that zero sunspots were recorded in August of
this year. However, there must be some charged material up there since
I consistently hear CQ's from Europe in the morning hours and Western
states (and sometime Europe in the afternoons) on 20m. The Maritime
Mobile net is alive and well. I know there's nothing on 10m, which I
believe should be more more utilized in the FM mode with repeaters to
promote local utilization. Otherwise the unlicensed 18 wheeler
transportation industry will take it over for us.

Sunspot are not the only indication of Neutron release just an
indication somewhat under a solar flare where
release includes particles of more than half life such as wreckage/
debris and fumes. The rotation of the poles
ensure fracture of the arbitrary boundary for emmisions of particles
but if the Suns core cools due to the pole shifting
then there is less expansion within the boundary providing less
straying from equilibrium.
Now with the earth heating up scientists say that the sun is
expanding and in a zillion years will
swallow the earth no less, A extra large flare or eruption literally
is a releaso of nuclear energy
which goes to power lines as an impulse similar to the electrical
outage created in
Hawaii when they exploded a hydrogen bomb at low elevation.Which is
why yhe Navy suddenly reverted back to tube technology with radios.
In each of these cases it is the debris composed of more than half
live
nuclear products which does not compare to the miniscule energy of a
unbound electron called a neutrino. However when neutrinos
congregate in bunches they have a large energy input creates by color
binding which when split apart creats an aurora for thousands of miles
which amount s to a lot of energy release within our arbitrary border
which some say provides energy to the upper atmosphere and
provide worldly circulation of weather clouds, storms e.t.c.
Certainly a lot of speculation with regard to the arrival of
particulates the majority of which have not been identified.
Nuf said
Old September 9th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message

It was recently reported that zero sunspots were recorded in August of
this year. However, there must be some charged material up there since
I consistently hear CQ's from Europe in the morning hours and Western
states (and sometime Europe in the afternoons) on 20m. The Maritime
Mobile net is alive and well. I know there's nothing on 10m, which I
believe should be more more utilized in the FM mode with repeaters to
promote local utilization. Otherwise the unlicensed 18 wheeler
transportation industry will take it over for us.

I have only been on HF for a year and a half, so my history with propagation
is limited. However, I understand that the sunspots augment/boost the
charged material which will always be there at a minimum baseline value. A
common measurement is the 10.7 cm solar flux level, now running in the 60s.
This level of solar radiation will provide us functional propagation, but
solar flux can jump into the hundreds. http://www.arrl.org/w1aw/prop/
[solar flux numbers at the end]

I'm no great DXer but I tune around and pay attention. (I have a simple
wire dipole laying on my garage roof for 20m, my usual hangout.) Just
yesterday, I worked two Japan stations and a Spanish station from San Diego
with 100W into that wire dipole. There were many others doing the same
thing and it took me quite a while to get those three in the log.

My point: HF still works at the bottom.

Old September 9th 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 8, 10:11*pm, "Sal M. Onella"
wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Makes sense. The poles of the Sun never stop turning or burning so
periodically
the arbitrary boundary must have fissures that allow for the escape of
low level neutrinos.
When equillibrium of the Sun is continous it means thje lights have
gone outand the pre historic human running for President
will be dug up in a 1000 years from now and the human race will be the
subject of speculation Vice president Gore will be dug up wearing only
a swimming costume and two fifty gallons of sun burn preventive and
living in an igloo !