Old September 28th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default 2MTR/ 440 DIPLEXER

WANTED for running both bands on one antenna.

tnx

Old September 29th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"justme" wrote in message
WANTED for running both bands on one antenna.

tnx

http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/Produ...g/plexers.html

A couple of these will suit your needs.

Old September 29th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Sal M. Onella" wrote in message

"justme" wrote in message
WANTED for running both bands on one antenna.

tnx

http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/Produ...g/plexers.html

A couple of these will suit your needs.

If you get the pigtail type you can cut of the stupid PL259 and put N males
on. I wanted to tear my hair out when I bought a unit with bulkhead
connectors and wound up probably losing 3 db in all the jumpers and
adapters.

Old September 29th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:09:56 GMT, "JB" wrote:

If you get the pigtail type you can cut of the stupid PL259 and put N males
on. I wanted to tear my hair out when I bought a unit with bulkhead
connectors and wound up probably losing 3 db in all the jumpers and
adapters.

Have you ever actually measured the loss in coax adapters? See:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/connector-loss/
This was a bench test of a mess of adapters at 2.4GHz and 450MHz. The
numbers worked out to about 0.05dB loss per adapter at 2.4Ghz or
roughly what an equivalent length of LMR-400 would lose. At 450MHz,
the entire string only lost 0.2dB. I've also run the same test in
front of various radio clubs with perhaps 5ft of assorted adapters in
series at 450MHz. (sorry, no photos). The loss was also minimal.

However, I cheated. Not one of the adapters in my test had a "UHF
connector" at either end. When I ran the same test with a string of
UHF connectors, the results were far worse for loss and VSWR at
2.4GHz. For this reason, you're probably justified in replacing the
UHF connectors with N but not because of the added adapters.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Something like a diplexer Joel Kolstad Homebrew 11 February 25th 05 07:53 AM
Diplexer [email protected] Homebrew 2 February 5th 05 08:20 PM
FS: Diamond MX-72N Diplexer Gary Simms Swap 0 August 18th 03 06:43 PM
FS: Diamond MX-72N Diplexer Gary Simms Swap 0 August 17th 03 04:12 PM
FS: Diamond MX-72N Diplexer Gary Simms Swap 0 August 14th 03 02:22 PM