Old January 25th 05, 02:05 PM

Default Diplexer

I have an older ALinco DR 590 radio with two antenna outputs, one for
vhf and one for uhf.

What is the cheapest way to be able to use on dual coverage antenna?
Can I use a satellite diplexer, can I make one? ANy advice is
appreciated!

Old January 26th 05, 08:05 PM
K7ITM

You should be able to find plans for a diplexer through a web search.
Here's one I found right away:
http://home.datacomm.ch/hb9abx/duplexer.html

Cheers,
Tom

Old February 5th 05, 08:20 PM
CWB

A diplexer in your case is merely a high pass and low pass filter connected
at the common point. NO the Sat diplexers will NOT work....the cut off freq
is wrong and they dont handle power well...
You COULD build one easily if you know the component values needed for the
filters....but Larsen, Comet, Diamond and MFJ (which is the cheapest and
most cost effective) all make one....You can get a MFJ 916B for about $30
bucks...and it will do what you need.

Chris
WB5ITT
(Not employed or paid by MFJ whatsoever)

oups.com...