Old October 5th 08, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.jp.visualc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.fractals.pictures,sci.fractals,alt.philosophy

Default Need help from members

Dear members,

Firsly i would like to apologise to all members if this message is
being interpreted as spam. Frankly, i have no business connection what
soever with the owner of shaamtfractal.com (refer to as
shaamtfractal). I would like to appeal to any members who knew the
owner of the site to contact me personally or through this discussion
group.
I have being following shaamtfractal since i stumbled upon it 3 weeks
ago from a search engine. It seems that the fractal pattern is quite
unique in the sense that it doesn't match to any of the conventional
formula known. I have failed to replicate it using any technique known
(especially "Conflict Chamber 4", "Turning Point 2" and most of it in
the gallery). I am looking from the academic's perspective and not
from the artistic's perspective because to me color & shade could
easily be manipulated using a wide range of graphic tools.
Some of my academic collegue gave an opinion that the image could
probably being produced from a high-end graphic software but they are
amazed when i showed them the enlarge original's image (7680 x 5760)
because it exposed the very fine detail of the unique pattern not
found in others fractal pattern. "Medussa Belt" clearly show a grow-
like pattern.
I have tried in vain to get more details regarding the formula used
from the site's owner but the reply is that it is an industrial
secret. From Whois the site is originated from Malaysia (one of South
East Asia economic tiger).
BTW, i am not trying to steal any formula from the site owner but just
trying to get some clue regarding the formula & technique used to
produce the said images and hoping that fractal theory could made a
significant leap forward.

regards,
Fractal John Doe
-Fractal Math for civilisation advancement.
Old October 5th 08, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.jp.visualc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.fractals.pictures,sci.fractals,alt.philosophy

wrote in message
[...]

------------

Tell us more. Like, which frequency is it on? Does it use a callsign? Stuff
like that.

Ed, NM2K

Old October 5th 08, 10:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.jp.visualc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.fractals.pictures,sci.fractals,alt.philosophy

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
[...]

maybe he should get together with frackytenna and swap algorithms? maybe
there is a new antenna hidden in the artwork somewhere?

Old October 5th 08, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.jp.visualc,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.fractals.pictures,sci.fractals,alt.philosophy

On Oct 5, 2:51 pm, Sjouke Burry
Dear members,

Firsly i would like to apologise to all members if this message is
being interpreted as spam. Frankly, i have no business connection what
soever with the owner of shaamtfractal.com (refer to as
shaamtfractal)CUT

Wat I saw on their site is not very fractal, and not very appealing
either, compared to a lot of free sites i have seen lately.
And the amount of crossposting(or is it multyposting??) tells me
that a spam interpretation is quite likely to hit the target.

Just do the fractal brother
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/ht...faq-doc-2.html

Old October 6th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Fractal John Doe wrote:
"---hoping that fractcal theory could make a significant leap forward."

You might start with references given in J.D. Kraus` "Antenns", 3rd.
efition in the section on "Artistic Antennas" (Fractals), page 772.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old October 6th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Harrison wrote:
Fractal John Doe wrote:
"---hoping that fractcal theory could make a significant leap forward."

You might start with references given in J.D. Kraus` "Antenns", 3rd.
efition in the section on "Artistic Antennas" (Fractals), page 772.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

What's "fractal theory"? How does it differ from any other theories?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old October 6th 08, 07:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy Lewallen wrote:

What's "fractal theory"? How does it differ from any other theories?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Short answer?

Imaginary numbers are valid and the driving force ... for instance? The
square root of -1 ...

Regards,
JS
Old October 7th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy Lewallen wrote:
"What`s fractal theory?"

The IEEE lists a paper appearimg in "Antennas and Propagation 2007".
EuCAP 2007.

Claims are size can be shrunk from two to four times without much loss
in performance, and that the antenna is naturally broad in bandwidth.
Two criteria must be met. The antenna must be symmetrical about a point,
and it must be self-similar, having the same appearance at every scale.

Dr. Nathan Cohen (Chip) is founder of Fractal Antenna Systems, Inc. He
is also a professor of Applied Science and Telecommunications at Boston
University.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old October 7th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Harrison wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote:
"What`s fractal theory?"

The IEEE lists a paper appearimg in "Antennas and Propagation 2007".
EuCAP 2007.

Claims are size can be shrunk from two to four times without much loss
in performance, and that the antenna is naturally broad in bandwidth.
Two criteria must be met. The antenna must be symmetrical about a point,
and it must be self-similar, having the same appearance at every scale.

Dr. Nathan Cohen (Chip) is founder of Fractal Antenna Systems, Inc. He
is also a professor of Applied Science and Telecommunications at Boston
University.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

As some of the longer term readers of this group might recall, the same
or superior characteristics can be obtained by shrinking antennas by
having their perimeters follow a random, rather than fractal, path. A
random meander pattern submitted by Dr. Steve Best, who also wrote
several IEEE papers on the subject, was shown to be superior to a
fractal design in the quality factor criteria put forth by Chip in a
"challenge" the latter publicized here some years ago (2000). Anyone
interested is encouraged to go to http://eznec.com/misc/MI2/, read the
0Notes.txt file, and download and look at the various competing designs.
The designs are in the form of EZNEC files, which can be viewed with any
EZNEC program type including the demo.

But this doesn't explain what "fractal theory" is, unless it means the
creation of antennas whose perimeters follow a fractal curve. In that
case, "fractal theory" hasn't been shown to be superior to "random
theory", and in some ways really no better than "square theory" or
"round theory". Sounds a lot better when trying to talk potential
investors into reaching for their wallets, though.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

ARRL members, I need your help. Slow Code Equipment 53 June 2nd 06 05:50 PM
ARRL members, I need your help. Slow Code Policy 54 June 2nd 06 05:50 PM
ARRL members, I need your help. Slow Code Swap 46 June 2nd 06 05:50 PM
OUR NEWEST MEMBERS N9OGL Policy 8 January 10th 06 06:40 PM
MEMBERS [email protected] Shortwave 0 February 19th 05 06:39 PM