Old November 4th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Anyone out there using a HAZER on their Rohn 25 Tower?

I have been thinking of purchasing a HAZER tram system, but after
reading all the reviews all over the web I'm kind of leery.

Anyone out there using one? If so, I would like to start a dialog or
swap E-Mail or call you on phone to find which model you are using,
and what problems you have had with the system. The reviews seem
to go 10 to 1 against the Hazer, recommending a crank up tower....

I would appreciate any comments and recommendations and
in general should I waste my money on the thing or does it work
as advertised?

73,

Jim, WA5DXP
wdxp at cox dot net

Old November 7th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I got lots of personal responses on this question at a ham site, and
have decided to order the Hazer tram system. One fellow told me how
he adapted an inexpensive electric winch to his system as he is
handicapped.

Old November 7th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Nov 6, 7:29*pm, Jim wrote:
[...]

Jim
The hinge on my fold over is corroded so I am about to build my own
"hazer"
I am using the square extruded aluminum that is available in the
stores and I have oibtained
some ball bearing pads that are used for inter conveyor use. Each of
the tubular tower sections
will be in contact only with these bearing pads so they are either
side of the tower tubular section which allows them
to by-pass connecting bolts with out hinderence. The addition of
combination ladder hooks provide a measure of safety.
The cost of such is way below anything that you can get commercialy
and the electric
winch is available on E bay for about $100. The structure of the above
is of a nut aand bolt type so welding availability is not a factor.
Have fun
Art
Old November 8th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Nov 7, 3:10*pm, Art Unwin wrote:
On Nov 6, 7:29*pm, Jim wrote:

[...]

Forgot to mention an important point, tho the ball bearing does not
come into contact with the tower section bolts it does still has to
travel
the conecting tower section points. It is for this reason I settled on
the single bearing format. The bearing is usually bolted to a flat
surface where the ball is free to move. On the underside of this unit
is a seating for a 3/4 dia compression spring which applies a spring
tube joint of the sections such that movement of the "hazer" in terms
of rattling is removed. These bearings can be purchased on E bay for
about $2.50 a piece
Sorry about the omission in the original description.
Regards
Art
Old November 11th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

yes
"Jim" wrote in message
I have been thinking of purchasing a HAZER tram system, but after
reading all the reviews all over the web I'm kind of leery.

Anyone out there using one? If so, I would like to start a dialog or
swap E-Mail or call you on phone to find which model you are using,
and what problems you have had with the system. The reviews seem
to go 10 to 1 against the Hazer, recommending a crank up tower....

I would appreciate any comments and recommendations and
in general should I waste my money on the thing or does it work
as advertised?

73,

Jim, WA5DXP
wdxp at cox dot net

WTB Rohn 20 or Rohn 25 Tower sections (2) DOUGLAS SNOWDEN Swap 0 January 19th 06 12:49 AM
50 ft Rohn 25G tower Jack Swap 0 July 3rd 04 02:02 AM
Rohn 25G Tower FS Jack Antenna 0 June 28th 04 02:41 AM
WTB: HAZER for ROHN 25 glen martin W3ATV Swap 0 April 24th 04 08:56 PM
FS: ROHN GIN POLE AND HAZER 25G AL GOSS Swap 0 March 5th 04 02:47 PM