Old November 10th 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default SM0VPO Homepages - update

Hi all,

A few things have happened since my last update. The homepages are to be
found at http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/ where there are some 250+
projects, many with PCB foil patterns in BMP format, 250 dpi. This means you
do not need any special software to view it.

The last antenna was a 145MHz colinear stuffed up plastic drainpipe. Hell of
a gain, but it needs support. The only problem with it is that under stron
sunlight the plastic pipe bends away from the sun!

The lastest project was DIY transformers. the link is
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/powe...ansformers.htm and it uses those
cheap transformers from http://www.kjell.com

I also did an article on diode switching basics, but this I also translated
into Swedish and sent to the SSA for publication. The URL for the original
article is http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/data...itching_01.htm

The old messageboard is now defunkt - kaput - deceased. Instyead I have a
nice new forum at http://sm0vpo.wahlberg.cc but you should bookmark the
address http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/board.htm so that I can again
change in the future. The new board is hosted by Magnus Wahlberg in
Eskilstuna, and a fine thing it is too. Message at the bottom do not just
drop off into space. Old messages stay there until I or a moderator deletes
them.

Perhaps you never thought about it, but the old formula for frequency = 1 /
2 x Pi x Root(LC), and the only variables are F, L and C. So for any value
of F you can build a table of Root(LC) values. For example an index of 1MHz
= 25000. If you divide 25000 by 250pf you need 25000/250 = 100uH for
resonance.The value for 2MHz is 6250, so if you subtract one index from the
other, you can work out the variable capacitor you need to track tuning
between the two frequencies. The article is at
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/data/tune_01.htm

Future articles are many and I have several that are all nearing completion.
Progress is interrupted by a speeding ticket with one of those stooopid
speed cameras. Now I know how they function I will shortly be publishing a
speed-camera blocker. I will also offer a few in kit form, until I get my
2400:- back.

I have also finished a "Generating 230V AC Power in 5 Minutes" video film.
The link is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3yvdXIjGSo

Best regards to all from Harry - SM0VPO
SKYPE: "harry.sm0vpo"
E-mail: