RadioBanter

-   -   information suppression by universities (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/138860-information-suppression-universities.html)

John Smith December 13th 08 10:47 PM

information suppression by universities

JB wrote:

Nothing wrong with having a heart, you gotta care about the consequences
though. And fighting greed with greed gets you more greed.

As I implied in my previous post, it can be hard to convince people that
they need to responsible and realize that the only way they can get what
they want, need and be prepared for illness and old age, is with their
own hands and job (or, start their own business) ... there still exists
the myth that they can work for cheap with no benefits or retirement,
GUARANTEED, funds and it "will all just work out", or "someone will
provide for them."

If you are working for a company, or in your own business or contracting
and the result is less than satisfactory, quit and go elsewhere. The
crash of the stock market and the future coming times shows the folly of
a "positive attitude", based on irrational grounds.

There seems to be a "myth" going around that "it will all just work
out." And, one can work at a poverty wage and "get ahead."

Like I pointed out, many are ready to fight rather than come to their
senses. My wifes parents worked hard their whole lives. Somehow they
were sold the dream that all it took was hard work and they would be
rewarded--they now are attempting to exist on social security, needless
to say, it ain't workin'! If my father-in-law was a retired UAW worker,
he would have a much different story!

It is fine all these companies run about not providing well for their
workers--but, just let them pay the welfare-funds/medical/drug/etc.
needs of their workers in their old age--NOT ME, my family, or my friends!

Regards,
JS

Art Unwin December 14th 08 01:25 AM

On Dec 13, 4:47*pm, John Smith wrote:
JB wrote:
[...]

John, some years back the Government aproved the removal of a
percentage of pensioin funds
for their own use as long as the pensions were not in jeopody. In
other words if the funds earned more money than expected
then the company could use that money. So the majority of pension
funds were kept at the prescibed minimum level.
Now pension funds have turned south and the businesses have also
turned south such that they cannot replace the funds removed.
This little pot has started to simmer but has yet to get to the
boiling point. As Yogi Bear said i9t aint over until it is over!
Everything was OK when we let the market decide but then greed changed
the metric of the market.
Art

John Smith December 14th 08 03:56 AM

Art Unwin wrote:

John, some years back the Government aproved the removal of a
percentage of pensioin funds
for their own use as long as the pensions were not in jeopody. In
other words if the funds earned more money than expected
then the company could use that money. So the majority of pension
funds were kept at the prescibed minimum level.
Now pension funds have turned south and the businesses have also
turned south such that they cannot replace the funds removed.
This little pot has started to simmer but has yet to get to the
boiling point. As Yogi Bear said i9t aint over until it is over!
Everything was OK when we let the market decide but then greed changed
the metric of the market.
Art

YES! Indeed, it is much worse than that, the gov't has also used SSI
funds by "tossing them into "general funds",
questionable-investing-of-these-funds, etc." Now, they attempt to
"resell" us our SSI with increased taxes and "increased fees." (just
another name for "tax(s.)")

Ever notice how they end up taking library and other public service
funds, tossing 'em into a general fund, then reselling us the services,
again-and-again-and-again-... well, most DON'T seem to! I just brought
this up at a board of supes meeting in my city, and was threated with
removal from the room ... (well, I did get a bit "hot", seems hot
enough to get a few others to take a verbal stance) Anyway, we
convinced "them" NOT to shorten library hours--at least.

It is time for investigative reporting, FBI/congressional investigations
and criminal proceedings against the guilty parties.

Instead, we are getting "bailouts" which reward the very crooks and
powers-which-be which are responsible for this fine mess! And, NOT one
word of closing the "loopholes." (DEFINITION: loophole = sanctioned
criminal activity!)

Regards,
JS

John Smith December 14th 08 04:00 AM

Art Unwin wrote:

[...]

this up at a board of supes meeting in my city, and was threatened with

JB[_3_] December 15th 08 01:01 AM

"John Smith" wrote in message
Art Unwin wrote:

[...]

It still all goes back to accountability. The majority of voters have
turned into children and allowed these things to flourish. The stupidest
people are the ones who sign petitions at grocery stores. No time to read
it or even evaluate the claims. Even the press that we all thought would be
a vanguard of freedom have turned into shills or are yes men (women) who say
it is OK to report on "what somebody said" even if it's a crock.

I have been to city council meetings too. Not long ago the idiots outvoted
the only sane one of em to "get in on" a abandon vehicle abatement tax of $1
on the vehicle license fees of which 50 cents would go back to the city.
When they found there were further requirements to get the money, they wound
up passing new ordinances to prohibit storage of vehicles in the driveway or
on your own property so that they could tow away enough vehicles for carbon
credits or some such nonsense. Since then I have vowed to vote no on any
legislation that isn't concise.

Another definition of loophole: The product of deceptive legislation that
through obfuscation, nullifies itself so that it may be perceived as "doing
good" while opponents are vilified.

John Smith December 15th 08 06:12 AM

JB wrote:

Another definition of loophole: The product of deceptive legislation that
through obfuscation, nullifies itself so that it may be perceived as "doing
good" while opponents are vilified.

JB:

That is simply brilliant! Right on!

Yanno', I kinda like ya'! Scary, huh? lol

Warm regards,
JS

JB[_3_] December 17th 08 07:50 PM

information suppression by universities

Although no law can truly nulify itself since it can always be used as a
tool for the next more powerfull and ruthless regime.