Old January 2nd 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

Default cantenna

"KC8QJP" wrote in message
. ..
a crisco can works well

http://www.radiobanter.com/showpost....73&postcount=1

Old January 2nd 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

"RF BURNS" wrote in message

"KC8QJP" wrote in message
. ..
a crisco can works well

http://www.radiobanter.com/showpost....73&postcount=1

leave the crisco in it and after tuning up you can fry your dinner!

Old January 2nd 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In article IDh7l.451354$TT4.408322@attbi_s22, Erich
wrote:

Jim-NN7K wrote:
funkbastler wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:41:27 +0000, Dave wrote:

KC8QJP wrote:
a crisco can works well

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Produc...uctid=MFJ-250X

Where's a good place to find transformer oil (besides at the top
of the utility pole outside the house)? Or, what's an acceptable
substitute?

Mineral Oil (available at your local drug store).

Just be prepared for some strange looks when you purchase a gallon of
mineral oil all at once. :-O

yup, that's what I used when I got my ticket many years ago to fill up
my cantenna. Still have it in the closet but haven't used it in years!
Old January 2nd 09, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

Billy Burpelson wrote:

Barry L. Ornitz, PhD WA4VZQ wrote:

Silicone oils are excellent from a health standpoint...

John Smith wrote:

However, the last silicone oil I purchased was at an auction... and
food grade to boot!)

I am a bit puzzled. IIRC, the silicone in women's breast implants
would/could/did leak and cause fairly serious health problems. Yet, Dr.
Ornitz says "Silicone oils are excellent from a health standpoint" and
Mr. Smith says: "food grade".

Could anyone take a shot at explaining this apparent dichotomy?

Inquiring minds want to know.

There are plenty of things that are inert when passing through the gut
that will be lethal if introduced directly into the body.
Old January 2nd 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 15:36:17 -0500, Billy Burpelson wrote:

I am a bit puzzled. IIRC, the silicone in women's breast implants
would/could/did leak and cause fairly serious health problems. Yet, Dr.
Ornitz says "Silicone oils are excellent from a health standpoint" and
Mr. Smith says: "food grade".

Could anyone take a shot at explaining this apparent dichotomy?

Plaintiffs' lawyers and defendants' lawyers....

Old January 2nd 09, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

Billy Burpelson wrote:

I am a bit puzzled. IIRC, the silicone in women's breast implants
would/could/did leak and cause fairly serious health problems. Yet, Dr.
Ornitz says "Silicone oils are excellent from a health standpoint" and
Mr. Smith says: "food grade".

Could anyone take a shot at explaining this apparent dichotomy?

Inquiring minds want to know.

A friend of mine, in the medical profession, once told me there is only
3 things she knew of which the body would "tolerate" as implant
materials: teflon/nylon, glass, and some grades of stainless steel ...

I don't know, but seems like diamond would be ok, doesn't it? Others
substances? Perhaps she was only speaking of the materials she has
seen, next time I see her, I will ask ... you have me curious now.

Regards,
JS
Old January 3rd 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

Kenneth P. Stox wrote:

There are plenty of things that are inert when passing through the gut
that will be lethal if introduced directly into the body.

And swallowing something is -not- being "introduced directly into the
body"? I would have thought otherwise...
Old January 3rd 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

"RF BURNS" wrote in message
. ..

Dave wrote:

leave the crisco in it and after tuning up you can fry your dinner!

....and fry your arteries with all the cholesterol!
Old January 3rd 09, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

Billy Burpelson wrote:

And swallowing something is -not- being "introduced directly into the
body"? I would have thought otherwise...

I mean, "Come on!" You have to ask that?

A hypodermic needles injection is "directly." A swallowed substance is
directly introduced into the digestive tract, where it is the
assimilated into the blood ...

Another example? A bullet from a gun is "directly" introduced into the
body, a swallowed bullet is not ...

Regards,
JS
Old January 3rd 09, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

John Smith wrote:

However, the last silicone oil I purchased was at an auction... and
food grade to boot!)

I am a bit puzzled. IIRC, the silicone in women's breast implants
would/could/did leak and cause fairly serious health problems. Yet, Dr.
Ornitz says "Silicone oils are excellent from a health standpoint" and
Mr. Smith says: "food grade".

Could anyone take a shot at explaining this apparent dichotomy?

Inquiring minds want to know.

- There are plenty of things that are inert when
- passing through the gut that will be lethal if
- introduced directly into the body.

Yeah - You can Sallow a FMJ Bullet
and 'pass-it' quite nicely.

-fwiw- a Solid Lead Bullet might produce
different results in the 'gut'.

But that same FMJ Bullet 'passing-thru'
the Body could be very Lethal.

Cantenna dummyload oil RP[_2_] Homebrew 11 February 20th 08 02:01 PM
Heath Cantenna Paul and Linda Cooper Boatanchors 7 March 31st 05 07:34 PM
Heath Cantenna Paul and Linda Cooper Equipment 2 March 29th 05 03:48 PM
Cantenna hillbilly3302 Boatanchors 38 October 31st 03 07:21 PM
Cantenna hillbilly3302 Boatanchors 0 October 22nd 03 09:23 PM