Old March 17th 04, 11:47 PM
Jack Twilley

Old March 18th 04, 12:17 AM
Richard Clark

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:47:44 -0800, Jack Twilley
wrote:

Richard, moving the dummy load to the end of the transmission line is
an excellent idea, and I really wish I could do it easily, but the
paint can I used doesn't have a handle. I'll try to work something
like that out this weekend.

Jack.

Hi Jack,

This is where you could as easily use a 50 Ohm resistor and your noise
generator. There would be less interfering signals to confuse the
data.

You could also throw a deliberate mismatch onto the end like a 200 Ohm
resistor. What value is that? If you measured 1:1, it would indicate
you have an extremely lossy line (which tends to smooth out mismatches
and gives some antenna inventors that warm snuggly feeling that they
have licked the experts).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC