Old February 6th 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default "Arnie Coro Antenna"

Jim Lux wrote:
. . .
The export controls still exist, by the way, for NEC4.. when you get a
copy, don't you have to certify who the end user is? and agree to ITAR
compliance, etc.

https://ipo.llnl.gov/technology/soft...uments/NEC.pdf

Until a few years ago, NEC-4 could only purchased by a U.S. citizen for
use within the U.S. Anyone else would have to apply for an exception via
diplomatic channels.

Now, there are no restrictions except for a very few prohibited
countries (e.g., North Korea). Licenses are routinely granted for users
all over the world. The program is, however, still protected by copyright.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old February 6th 09, 07:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message
ine...

Buried antennas were seriously investigated by the military some time
ago, and are probably still in use. While terribly inefficient, some can
radiate enough to be useful, and invisibility can be an asset.

Agree.

I didn't mean to imply that a buried antenna wouldn't work at all. Dirt's
not a perfect shield material, which is what would be required for zero
radiation.

Old February 6th 09, 11:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Sal M. Onella wrote:
I didn't mean to imply that a buried antenna wouldn't work at all.

How about in a dry sandy desert?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old February 6th 09, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:29:16 -0800, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

Spin wrote:
Wayne........That's interesting.....Can you elaborate on that 2 meter
antenna you had? I wonder if one were to make a longer version would it
have gain & a wider bandwidth?

Just remember the general rule for antennas: small - efficient -
broadband: pick any two.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Methinks you forgot inexpensive. Still pick any two.

Old February 7th 09, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

KE5LDO wrote:
I built this years ago as a quick antenna for receiving and
transmitting. It is name after Havana Cuba's Arnie Coro, since He came
up with it over 20 years ago.

Frankly, I have wondered about this. If I hooked an antenna up to my
dummy load, how far could I transmit? What kind of kilowatt signals
would be able to move my meter needle?

Or, was that only a dream? grin

Regards,
JS
Old February 7th 09, 05:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:

In my basement shack, using a 300mW 2M Alinco HT, I can hit my buddy's
repeater 10 miles away. The HT's antenna, fully extended, is only an
8 inch whip.
73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Don't be shy, or try to be modest ... it is guys like you that made
first contact with the aliens!

Modesty will get you no where ... sly smile

Regards,
JS
Old February 7th 09, 05:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Michael Coslo wrote:
Richard Clark wrote:

Dress right, or dress left?

Took some balls to ask that question... ;^)

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

WOW! I thought only males had those!

Thanks, you learn something new everyday ... ;-)

Regards,
JS