Old February 16th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Hex Beam in QST

Anyone care to comment on the relative merits of the hex beam project in
QST vs. the commercial hex beam offered by Traffie Technology?

I don't understand the means of feed for the multiband elements as shown
in the QST article.

I also don't understand the $1100 plus price tag for a similar set up by
Traffie.

The light weight and portability appeal to me. I've not done a homebrew
beam but a kit at a decent price point would be welcome.

John
AB8O
Old February 18th 09, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Phil, HK3SA
http://www.spiderwebnet.net/images/A...n%20Island.jpg
likes his commercial hex beam.

73,