Old February 17th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Smith Chart Tutorial

Hi,

I have created a Smith Chart Tutorial located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/rf-con...mithchart.html

It is comprised of flash programs with embedded audio. It allows you
to learn the smith chart through the interactive nature of the flash
program.

I have completed three flash programs on this subject, and intend to
write two more. The tutorial explains the smith chart, allows for
capacitive/inductive matching and introduces how a transmision line
affects the reflection coefficient.

Good Luck with this

Brent

Old February 18th 09, 11:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

In article
,
wrote:

Hi,

I have created a Smith Chart Tutorial located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/rf-con...mithchart.html

It is comprised of flash programs with embedded audio. It allows you
to learn the smith chart through the interactive nature of the flash
program.

I have completed three flash programs on this subject, and intend to
write two more. The tutorial explains the smith chart, allows for
capacitive/inductive matching and introduces how a transmision line
affects the reflection coefficient.

Good Luck with this

Brent

this was really nice I am surprized that NOBODY left any comments

thanks
Old February 18th 09, 11:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message , ml
writes
In article
,
wrote:

Hi,

I have created a Smith Chart Tutorial located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/rf-con...mithchart.html

It is comprised of flash programs with embedded audio. It allows you
to learn the smith chart through the interactive nature of the flash
program.

I have completed three flash programs on this subject, and intend to
write two more. The tutorial explains the smith chart, allows for
capacitive/inductive matching and introduces how a transmision line
affects the reflection coefficient.

Good Luck with this

Brent

this was really nice I am surprized that NOBODY left any comments

thanks

I was waiting for someone else to do it first!
Yes indeed, much appreciated.

I also liked the one on transmission lines - very informative.
http://www.fourier-series.com/rf-con...eflection/inde
x.html
--
Ian
Old February 18th 09, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"ml" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:

Hi,

I have created a Smith Chart Tutorial located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/rf-con...mithchart.html

It is comprised of flash programs with embedded audio. It allows you
to learn the smith chart through the interactive nature of the flash
program.

I have completed three flash programs on this subject, and intend to
write two more. The tutorial explains the smith chart, allows for
capacitive/inductive matching and introduces how a transmision line
affects the reflection coefficient.

Good Luck with this

Brent

this was really nice I am surprized that NOBODY left any comments

thanks

Hi ML

I had sent Brent an E-mail as soon as I read Brent's link. That Smith
Chart program is wonderful. and open source maves it valuable to many
people. I really like what Brent has done.

Jerry KD6JDJ

Old February 19th 09, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rma rma is offline

Thank You!

Old February 19th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Feb 18, 11:43*am, "Jerry" wrote:
"ml" wrote in message

In article
,
wrote:

[...]

* * * * * *Jerry * KD6JDJ- Hide quoted text -

Everyone:

Thanks for the encouraging feedback. I hope to have the remaider of
the tutorial done in a couple of weeks.

Jerry,

Thx for the email. BTW - it is freely available, but I would not call
it open source.
Old February 19th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
On Feb 18, 11:43 am, "Jerry" wrote:
"ml" wrote in message

In article
,
wrote:

[...]

Hi Brent

Stupid me, I assumed they were the same. I will look into the proper
definition.

Jerry KD6JDJ

Old February 19th 09, 02:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jerry" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Feb 18, 11:43 am, "Jerry" wrote:
"ml" wrote in message

In article
,
wrote:

[...]

To correct myself -- It looks like Open Source implies the program is
open to others to edit thru collaboration. Thanks for making me think.

Jerry KD6JDJ

Old February 24th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Feb 16, 10:33*pm, wrote:
Hi,

I have created a Smith Chart Tutorial located he

http://www.fourier-series.com/rf-con...mithchart.html

It is comprised of flash programs with embedded audio. *It allows you
to learn the smith chart through the interactive nature of the flash
program.

I have completed three flash programs on this subject, and intend to
write two more. *The tutorial explains the smith chart, allows for
capacitive/inductive matching and introduces how a transmision line
affects the reflection coefficient.

Good Luck with this

Brent

I have completed the remainder of the Smith Chart tutorial. I have
added a program that shows how to use a transmission line stub as part
of the matching circuitry in place of a capacitor or inductor.

Link is he

Smith chart [email protected] Antenna 6 March 24th 07 03:14 PM
Smith Chart vs JAVA John Ferrell Antenna 11 February 20th 06 06:22 PM
Smith Chart... Professor CB 14 December 16th 05 08:44 PM
Smith Chart Cecil Moore Antenna 61 June 6th 05 04:41 AM
Smith Chart Plotter C Edgar Homebrew 1 January 20th 04 07:18 AM