Old June 1st 05, 03:15 PM
Cecil Moore

Default Smith Chart

I've added a Smith Chart graphic to my All-HF-Band-No-Tuner-Antenna
information on my web page.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/smith.htm

Old June 2nd 05, 12:02 AM
Hal Rosser

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
I've added a Smith Chart graphic to my All-HF-Band-No-Tuner-Antenna
information on my web page.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/smith.htm

=----
Its a purty chart, too.
I've got nothing but respect for folks that have the patience to sit down
and figure out how to use one of those.

Old June 2nd 05, 12:18 AM
Jerry Martes

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message
. ..

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
I've added a Smith Chart graphic to my All-HF-Band-No-Tuner-Antenna
information on my web page.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/smith.htm

=----
Its a purty chart, too.
I've got nothing but respect for folks that have the patience to sit down
and figure out how to use one of those.

Hal

It surprises me to read that you consider the Smith Chart difficult to
use. I'd bet that you could figure out how to use one to your benefit
within 20 minutes of asking questions of someone who uses them.

Jerry

Old June 2nd 05, 12:26 AM
John Smith

Jerry:

He may mean it in the sense of using a sliderule--why if you have a
program, programmable calculator to give results?

Warmest regards,
John

"Jerry Martes" wrote in message

. ..

Old June 2nd 05, 01:02 AM
Hal Rosser

Hal

It surprises me to read that you consider the Smith Chart difficult to
use. I'd bet that you could figure out how to use one to your benefit
within 20 minutes of asking questions of someone who uses them.

Jerry

Jerry,
You're probably right. I could probably lean how in an afternoon.
I sat down with one I printed out once, and thought I had it figured out.
Then when I needed to use it again, I would need to be retrained.
I remember how to use an MFJ259 from use to use, though. :-)

I just don't have the patience - it just doesn't grab my attention like a
gizmo does.

Old June 2nd 05, 01:07 AM
Hal Rosser

So now you're pickin' on my slide rule? Is nothing sacred??
I like my slide rule. Its more useful than my solar-powered flashlight.
The slide rule works without any power or batteries. :-)
And its accurate to 3 (sometimes 4) significant digits.

Old June 2nd 05, 01:09 AM
John Smith

Hal:

I too am lazy... I think we found one thing we agree on... a beer in a
hammock with a programmable calculator is to be preferred to a table,
straightedge and smith chart... besides, I scribble on 'em.... frown

Warmest regards,
John

news

Old June 2nd 05, 01:24 AM
John Smith

I have an old pickett slide around here somewhere--ahhh, like you, never
throw anything away lol....

Warmest regards,
John

. ..

Old June 2nd 05, 01:25 AM
Hal Rosser

"John Smith" wrote in message
Hal:

I too am lazy... I think we found one thing we agree on... a beer in a
hammock with a programmable calculator is to be preferred to a table,
straightedge and smith chart... besides, I scribble on 'em.... frown

Warmest regards,
John

Scribbble on 'em??
That implies you have occasionally used the old-fashioned "pencil".
Lets narrow it down to the beer and hammock for now. ;-)
not partial to calculators, phones, or loud music.

Old June 2nd 05, 01:26 AM
John Smith

I should point out, everyone should at least know about a smith and have
used it... kinda gives you a "feel" for the way all the variables work
together... it is a good thing...

Warmest regards,
John

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message
news
Hal

It surprises me to read that you consider the Smith Chart
difficult to
use. I'd bet that you could figure out how to use one to your
benefit
within 20 minutes of asking questions of someone who uses them.

Jerry

Jerry,
You're probably right. I could probably lean how in an afternoon.
I sat down with one I printed out once, and thought I had it figured
out.
Then when I needed to use it again, I would need to be retrained.
I remember how to use an MFJ259 from use to use, though. :-)

I just don't have the patience - it just doesn't grab my attention
like a
gizmo does.

New Smith Chart Program - "SmartSmith" Robert Lay W9DMK Antenna 26 November 9th 04 12:28 AM
Vintage 78 RPM Blues Collection For Sale / Robert Johnson; Elmore James; Blind Boy Fuller; Blind Lemon Jefferson; Bessie Smith; Muddy Waters Harlem Slim / www.deltabluesguitar.com Swap 0 September 8th 04 11:04 PM
S - Y Parameter conversion with Smith Chart Fred Bloggs Homebrew 0 August 5th 04 12:19 PM
Smith Chart Quiz Radio913 Antenna 315 October 21st 03 05:31 AM
Could This Be The Solution? N2EY Policy 40 September 17th 03 04:25 PM