Old April 11th 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Dish reflector

On Apr 10, 6:00*pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
*That antenna was when I used an old parabolic satellite dish which was
unsuitable.
Scanning past antenna papers point to the use of a cone shape similar
to a horn of 2 metres diameter
produces better results. The antenna needs a longer mast so at the
moment I can't compare
F/R. Either way, with the radiator within the reflector envelope it is
difficult to understand what creates
a rearward lobe regardles of scale or frequency of use with respect to
receive. At the moment I see nothing that points away from the
Rutherford particle experiments with foil .ie penetration when at
right angles , deflection at other angles.

As usual Art you are avoiding answering the questions and choose to confuse
the issues
with you own preconceived ideas and terminology. The fact that the feed is
totally within the "reflector envelope" tells you or us nothing about
sidelobes and edge taper.
I really don't think you want answers, but I'll try once mo
1. What frequency
2. What is the dish diameter
3. What is the dish focal length to diameter ratio (F/D)

Dale W4OP

I am not avoiding questions, just those that appear irrelevant, but
here goes Anything to make you happy, this should be interesting how
you use these answers with respect to the posted question

1 160 metres upto 2 metres, tunable

2 2 metres

3 Doesn't have a focal length, it is an end fed ( series connection)
helix antenna.

At least to the best of my knowledge which is why I posed the question
Hopefully we will all stay on subject and not get side tracked. I will
leave it to others to respond to Richard when they determine what he
is talking about.
Old April 11th 09, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:49:31 -0700 (PDT), Art Unwin
wrote:

1. What frequency
2. What is the dish diameter
3. What is the dish focal length to diameter ratio (F/D)

I am not avoiding questions, just those that appear irrelevant,

20 postings to get to the point (not unanticipated, however) which Art
calls "irrelevant."

As for those answers?
1 160 metres upto 2 metres, tunable

2 2 metres

Hence the wholesale disregard for first principles in size vs.
wavelength. Elementary analysis need not go any further when failure
is so obviously designed in.

3 Doesn't have a focal length, it is an end fed ( series connection)
helix antenna.

-Well, maybe not obvious to everyone.-

But why don't we chalk this design up to S U C C E S S and call it a
thread? If this bier gets anymore wreaths tossed onto it, it will
kill the pallbearers.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old April 11th 09, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Art Unwin" wrote:
-drivel snip-
In a way I knew that Richard would pile up his postings of
olde english prose in the shape of riddles that provide nothing, But
one has to get used to him and his pals kb9....and others who smear
this group with a foul smell as they are wired very differently from
the rest of us.

Art-let me point out the obvious.... unless your license has
expired, then you ARE a kb9!!!!! Have a nice weekend, glad
to see you back posting on the NG. Things were dull without
you.

Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Old April 11th 09, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
[...]

The posting is about dishes not antennas. I have not read about a dish
that does not emit signals to the rear. Now I have built one and find
to my surprize that it does accept signals from the rear ! All very
simple, the radiator is resting at the bottom of a cone and the top of
the radiator does not stick out beyond the reflector. Since you do not
know what you are talking about and intent is to disrupt this thread
why on earth are you muttering about nothing at length? Simple
question has been posed and obviously you do not know the answers that
antenna engineering knowledge would provide as you are not an engineer
but a actor or actress by day and by night. My question remains
unanswered after all these posts.How do signals arrive or depart from
the rear of a dish or horn? We all know that you don't know the answer
but there are qualified engineers in this group who possibly doand
willing to share.

Old April 11th 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

[...]

Your antenna has nothing to do with dish antennas, bu rather plane
reflectors (of which yours is way too small as Richard pointed out).
I know we cannot change your opinion or teach you anything- so I am out of
here.

Dale W4OP

Old April 11th 09, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:

The posting is about dishes not antennas. I have not read about a dish
that does not emit signals to the rear. Now I have built one and find
to my surprize that it does accept signals from the rear ! All very
simple, the radiator is resting at the bottom of a cone and the top of
the radiator does not stick out beyond the reflector. Since you do not

Well, to start with Art, a cone reflector doesn't meet the definition of
a dish antenna.

I'm sorry, but they just aren't the same thing.

I surprizzzed you missed the difference.

tom
K0TAR
Old April 11th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Tom Ring wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

snip

tom
K0TAR

Jimmie

I just couldn't resist, just this once.

tom
K0TAR
Old April 11th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Apr 10, 7:38*pm, "Mike Lucas" wrote:
"Art Unwin" wrote:

-drivel snip-
*In a way I knew that Richard would pile up his postings of
olde english prose in the shape of riddles that provide nothing, But
one has to get used to him and his pals kb9....and others who smear
this group with a foul smell as they are wired very differently from
the rest of us.

Art-let me point out the obvious.... unless your license has
expired, then you ARE a kb9!!!!! Have a nice weekend, glad
to see you back posting on the NG. Things were dull without
you.

Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Oh, I have just popped in and saw Richard up to to his old tricks with
Cecil. I don't really expect a satisfactory answer. All on this group
denied it was possible to expand Gaussian law of statics to the laws
of Maxwell so there is nobody with a real feel with respect to
radiation, and of course it shows! Same goes for the nature of Richard
no matter how he tries to hide things. The KB9 station and his foul
mouth friends are what I was referring to and is why they are pleading
for a moderator for this newsgroup. Not really the type I wish to
associate with. When the group deviate from the question at hand is
when I leave as they all eventually do.
Within the next few hours they will want to ask questions about you
know what to cover their ignorance and Richard will come prancing in
again with his long leg mesh underware acting out a shakespere scene .
A few years on a ship tends to change
how you look at life so that he walks in the snow with his foot prints
in a straight line
so that the torso wobbles and then there is the way that he acts and
speak.
My question is still there and regardles of the number of postings
made I doubt that it will be answered. This newsgroup becomes dull
when radio goes out the window and personal attacks begin so one
really gets what he wishes for when they hang around.
Old April 11th 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Apr 10, 8:13*pm, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
[...]

Dale, my response above was with respect to Richard not you, but I did
know you would run eventually. Study the math of Maxwell and Gauss
before you decide to take up teaching.

Dish Network "500" dish with two LNBs Mike Andrews Homebrew 4 February 23rd 07 08:54 PM
Kenwood reflector Kirk Mohror General 0 August 31st 04 01:01 AM
Vet. with a reflector Drbob92031 Antenna 0 November 18th 03 01:42 AM
Reflector for Hammarlund AA5JJ Boatanchors 0 October 22nd 03 04:38 AM
Reflector for Hammarlund AA5JJ Boatanchors 0 October 22nd 03 04:38 AM