Old May 4th 09, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Resonance and equilibrium

On May 2, 7:24*am, "Dave" wrote:
"JIMMIE" wrote in message

On May 1, 7:37 pm, "Dave" wrote:

I dont know if Dave built it or not but I did and tested the beamwidth
just as you said and got 360 degrees. Rotating it had no effect at all
on signal strength. I tried it on 2M and couldnt hit the local
repeater with 1 watt normally I can reach it with 100mW. I would say
this classifies the antenna as a dummy load.

no, i am waiting for the final tweaked design. *if you have built one to
art's specs then you are probably measuring just the side/back lobes, which
is a very good sign. *if it has a pencil beam on 160m, then by the time it
gets to 2m the beam will probably be so thin that it will be like a laser
beam, so you'll have to be pointing it VERY accurately on the repeater. *so
go rotate it again, very slowly and carefully, and don't forget to aim it in
elevation also!

LOL I just built the thing out of boredom and the effects of having a
really nasty cold. It was obvious that the only radiation to speak of
was coming from the coax. I actually heard some pretty strong signals
on 11M with it. They were also very non-directional . When I shorted
the ends of the feedline together and connected it to my tuner it may
actually be mistaken for a viable antenna working about as well as 20
or 30 ft of wire hanging out the window hearing signals on 80 40 20
and 11. It wouldnt suprise me if Art never even built the thing.

JImmie

Equilibrium and Ham examinations Art Unwin Antenna 233 September 25th 08 11:42 PM
Equilibrium in free space Art Unwin Antenna 126 September 20th 08 04:16 PM
Equilibrium art Antenna 16 October 17th 07 01:27 AM
Gaussian equilibrium art Antenna 0 February 26th 07 08:54 PM
balun at resonance? ml Antenna 12 January 5th 05 02:32 PM