Old April 30th 09, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Where to find flexible metal tubing

On Apr 29, 10:44*pm, Chris W wrote:
The reason I am looking for the corrugated tubing is so it will stay
where I put it. *It is for a small LED lamp. *1/4" dia is about as big
as it needs to be.

Hal Rosser wrote:
Take a trip to your local Home Depot or Lowes - plumbing dept.
Look for a "coil" of copper tubing - have them show you various sizes.
Though it's not corrugated, it is flexible - and you can use compression
fittings - or - soldered fittings with threads.
Makes for good 2-meter quad elements. *use larger sizes for more bandwidth
smaller sizes are more flexible, of course - what size are you looking for?

my 2¢ worth
found that cents-key
hal - w4pmj

"Chris W" wrote in message
news
Sorry for the of topic post but I don't know where to ask and it is my
experience that people who build their own antennas can be rather
resourceful.

I'm not sure of the correct terminology to use but I have been trying to
find some "corrugated" metal tubing with threaded attachments on the ends.
Kind of like item 50035A661 from McMaster.com web site. *The problem with
the one on McMaster web site is they are larger than I want and I am
hoping to find something with a more standard machine screw thread too..
Thanks for the help.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more athttp://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Ham Radio Repeater Database.
http://hrrdb.com

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

"Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM,
learn more athttp://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"

Ham Radio Repeater Database.http://hrrdb.com

It is hard to visualize yout needs expecially because of the small
dimensions.
The closest I can get to your needs is a corregated drinking straw
which is then covered by an adhesive metal foil or even a metallized
plastic sheet ( not mylar) of 1 mil thickness which would be very
flexible
Art

Where to find flexible metal tubing Dr. Barry L. Ornitz[_3_] Antenna 0 April 30th 09 05:18 AM
Flexible Coax for HT instead of remote Mic Bob D. Antenna 3 September 1st 06 07:30 PM
FS FLEXIBLE SHAFT >Handy cooltube Equipment 1 June 17th 05 12:35 AM
FS FLEXIBLE SHAFT >Handy cooltube Swap 1 June 17th 05 12:35 AM
FS Icom AH-20 wideband flexible ant Ken Swap 0 March 6th 04 07:43 PM