Old May 5th 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Parallel ground planes

I have a question for the antenna gurus. I have a 40m groundplane
(base about 10 feet up, sloping radials). It works fine on 40 and
gives a reasonable swr on 15, although, I'm sure, too much high angle
radiation. What would happen if I put a 15m gp element in parallel
with the 40m? Or (I suspect) would it be better to parallel the15m
element with my separate 20m gp and (if the sunspots ever come back)
parallel the 40m element with a 10m element. I'd rather not put up 4
separate gp's (for family reasons). TNX W0BF
Old May 7th 09, 11:17 AM
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce W. Ellis View Post
I have a question for the antenna gurus. I have a 40m groundplane
(base about 10 feet up, sloping radials). It works fine on 40 and
gives a reasonable swr on 15, although, I'm sure, too much high angle
radiation. What would happen if I put a 15m gp element in parallel
with the 40m? Or (I suspect) would it be better to parallel the15m
element with my separate 20m gp and (if the sunspots ever come back)
parallel the 40m element with a 10m element. I'd rather not put up 4
separate gp's (for family reasons). TNX W0BF
Yes seperate the vertical elements a few inches and tie them together at the feedpoint. works great some interaction when tuning each for lowest swr on each band.

good DX SD