Old May 10th 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Super Antenna thumbscrew

My Super Antenna MP-1 blew over today, and the plastic thumbscrew broke
off. Does anyone know where I might find such a part? I've written to
the guy who makes them, but I've tried that before when other parts have
broken, and he doesn't respond. Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 10th 09, 10:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 10 May 2009 14:18:10 -0400, Al Fansome
wrote:

My Super Antenna MP-1 blew over today, and the plastic thumbscrew broke
off. Does anyone know where I might find such a part? I've written to
the guy who makes them, but I've tried that before when other parts have
broken, and he doesn't respond. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.superantennas.com
If he doesn't answer his snail mail, try the phone:
916-434-9936
Hint: You might have problems getting anyone's attention just prior
to the Dayton Hamvention (May 15-17)

I don't have an MP-1, but if you measure what's left of the nylon
locking screw, and determine the thread type, you should be able to
find something suitable at your local hardware store. If not, there
are plenty of nylon hardware vendors online. However, buying just one
screw might be rather expensive. Worst case is to buy a solid plastic
rod of the proper diameter, and use a threaded die to thread a
replacement screw. Use a radio knob for the handle.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old May 12th 09, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 10, 2:18*pm, Al Fansome wrote:
My Super Antenna MP-1 blew over today, and the plastic thumbscrew broke
off. Does anyone know where I might find such a part? I've written to
the guy who makes them, but I've tried that before when other parts have
broken, and he doesn't respond. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#plastic-thumb-screws

Tim.

Fs: Super Scanner Antenna quartz CB 1 August 23rd 05 05:33 AM
CC Super Gainer antenna Frank Bals Scanner 1 January 20th 05 05:11 PM
Antenna For Super Radio Sheellah Broadcasting 4 June 8th 04 12:24 AM
GAP Super C antenna Richard Clark Antenna 3 February 24th 04 09:50 PM
FS: MP-1 HF SUPER ANTENNA W/ ACCESSORIES Dean Swap 0 December 3rd 03 04:50 PM