Old June 6th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Polarized radiation

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Szczepan Białek wrote:
But what radiate 1/4 wave antenna (mast) with the one end only? Is the
radiation polarized?

Why not download the free demo version of EZNEC from
www.eznec.com which will tell you that the radiation
from a 1/4WL vertical monopole is primarily vertically
polarized.

What means "primarily"?
Is in reality an antenna which radiate unpolarized radio waves?
S*

Old June 6th 09, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan BiaƂek wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Szczepan BiaƂek wrote:
But what radiate 1/4 wave antenna (mast) with the one end only? Is the
radiation polarized?

Why not download the free demo version of EZNEC from
www.eznec.com which will tell you that the radiation
from a 1/4WL vertical monopole is primarily vertically
polarized.

What means "primarily"?
Is in reality an antenna which radiate unpolarized radio waves?
S*

That you would use the term "unpolarized radio waves" shows you haven't
a clue what you are talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polarization

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 7th 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:44:19 GMT, "Dave" wrote:
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
( my knowledge about antennas is zero).

that is obvious

Watch it Dave, that last statement is Gaussian and lacks the "t"
variable making it static. Getting the jump on Art and adding "t", it
becomes:
( my knowledge about antennas will always be zero at this rate)

This added time dimension cannot be in dispute, can it? It brings
equilibrium, was proven by Newton, and thoroughly demolishes
Einstein's work in the same stroke. (Patent Pending, so it must be
true).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old June 7th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan BiaƂek wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Szczepan BiaƂek wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote
... a 1/4WL vertical monopole is primarily vertically
polarized.

What means "primarily"?

There is a small amount of radiation off the ends
of an unterminated antenna that has opposite
polarization to most of the other radiation. I
would call it a *secondary* radiation effect as
opposed to the *primary* radiation effect.

Some antennas (emitting and receiving) must be parallel. Some not.
Which ones? ( my knowledge about antennas is zero).

Obviously since your statement is babbling nonsense.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 7th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan BiaƂek wrote:

wrote ...
Szczepan BiaÄč?ek wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Szczepan BiaÄč?ek wrote:
But what radiate 1/4 wave antenna (mast) with the one end only? Is the
radiation polarized?

Why not download the free demo version of EZNEC from
www.eznec.com which will tell you that the radiation
from a 1/4WL vertical monopole is primarily vertically
polarized.

What means "primarily"?
Is in reality an antenna which radiate unpolarized radio waves?
S*

That you would use the term "unpolarized radio waves" shows you haven't
a clue what you are talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polarization

Are you sure that radio waves are transversal?
We are trying to find how the dipole works. The are the two possibilities:
1. Dipol radiate the Maxwell's wave from the centre,
2. The two ends radiate the two pressure-like electric waves.

What do you prefer?

That you not post your babbling crap here.

Read the link I provided, then read the links it provides.

There are about 100 years of experimental measurements that say how a
dipole works, which is the entire dipole radiates.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Old June 8th 09, 08:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote ...
Szczepan BiaƂek wrote:

wrote ...
Szczepan BiaÄč?ek wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Szczepan BiaÄč?ek wrote:
[...]

I am not interesting in theoretical physics.

There are about 100 years of experimental measurements that say how a
dipole works, which is the entire dipole radiates.

In the last 100 years the experimental measurements show that the feed line
(the two wires where something oscillate) do not radiate and that the two
bended ends radiate. This ends you call "entire dipole". Todays dipoles are
simply the two coupled monopoles.

The only one really dipole was the original Hertz apparatus. There no feed
line. There is the discharging of capacitor which is charged from tiet to
time. Se:
http://people.seas.harvard.edu/~jone...Hertz_exp.html

There is wrote: "According to theory, if electromagnetic waves were
spreading from the oscillator sparks..."
The oscillator sparks are in the centre. At the ends are the capacitor
plates. What radiates? The sparks or the plates?

Experiments show that radiation from the original Hertz dipole and from
todays two coupled monopoles are polarized. (in sense that the receiver
antennas work better if are parallel to the dipole).

Now portable radios and many others aplications work in each orientations.
My question is simple: What type of emmiting antennas are used in such
applications?
Are they monopoles?
S*

Old June 8th 09, 08:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote ...
Szczepan BiaƂek wrote:

Some antennas (emitting and receiving) must be parallel. Some not.
Which ones? ( my knowledge about antennas is zero).

Obviously since your statement is babbling nonsense.

So I do the next approach:
Some antennas (emitting and receiving) work better if they are parallel.
Sometimes "the polarization is not that important. Your
cell phone and indoor WIFI are examples." (Wim).
What emitting antennas are used in the applications where "the polarization
is not that important"?
S*

Old June 8th 09, 09:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Richard Clark" wrote
On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 10:44:19 GMT, "Dave" wrote:
"Szczepan Bialek" wrote in message
( my knowledge about antennas is zero).

that is obvious

Watch it Dave, that last statement is Gaussian and lacks the "t"
variable making it static. Getting the jump on Art and adding "t", it
becomes:
( my knowledge about antennas will always be zero at this rate)

This added time dimension cannot be in dispute, can it? It brings
equilibrium, was proven by Newton, and thoroughly demolishes
Einstein's work in the same stroke. (Patent Pending, so it must be
true).

Thanks for the free English lesson.

My knowledge increases a little after yours:

"Actually you have mixed up two different characteristics. Polarity
and polarization are NOT the same thing. With RF radiation, the wave
is constantly changing polarity (that is why the source of RF is
called alternating current), but within the "line of sight" of the
antenna, the polarization for a dipole is defined by its angle to the
earth as viewed by the observer.

If you see an horizontal dipole, it produces alternating polarities of
waves with horizontal polarization. If you see a vertical dipole, it
produces alternating polarities of waves with vertical polarization.

RF energy is ALWAYS changing polarity."

My knowledge will be full if you write something about the monopoles.
S*

Old June 8th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan BiaƂek wrote:

wrote ...
Szczepan BiaÄč?ek wrote:

wrote ...
Szczepan BiaÄơ?ek wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote
Szczepan BiaÄơ?ek wrote:
[...]

Nor in actually learning anything which means either your are just
another babbling kook or a troll.

snip babbling nonsense

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old June 8th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan BiaƂek wrote:

wrote ...
Szczepan BiaÄč?ek wrote:

Some antennas (emitting and receiving) must be parallel. Some not.
Which ones? ( my knowledge about antennas is zero).

Obviously since your statement is babbling nonsense.

So I do the next approach:
Some antennas (emitting and receiving) work better if they are parallel.

Given that the Earth is a sphere, that can only be approximately true
for short distances.

Sometimes "the polarization is not that important. Your
cell phone and indoor WIFI are examples." (Wim).

Neither are examples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antenna_(radio)

--
Jim Pennino