Old October 24th 04, 04:31 AM
RXJR

Default Non-polarized electrolytic

I'm looking for a 120-140mfd non-polarized electrolytic capacitor 50V
AC for use in a Ham-II rotator. Can someone please tell me if these
are still available, and where?

Thanks and 73.

George, N9EJS
Old October 24th 04, 05:18 AM
Dave Platt

I'm looking for a 120-140mfd non-polarized electrolytic capacitor 50V
AC for use in a Ham-II rotator. Can someone please tell me if these
are still available, and where?

Any decent supplier of loudspeaker-building-related supplies can sell
you a suitable cap. Nonpolar 'lytics are commonly used in loudspeaker
crossover circuits.

For example, Madisound (www.madisound.com) has a 125 uF 100 WV
nonpolar 'lytic for $2.35, and a 140 uF for $2.75. Parts Express
(www.partsexpress.com) part #027-362 is a 125 uF 100 WV for $2.20.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO