Old June 21st 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Horizontal Dipole - zero degrees elevation

Frank wrote:
NEC will calculate "Space wave plus surface wave" if required.

Frank

Have you tried doing this calculation with a horizontally polarized VHF
antenna? What did you find?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

As an example I tried the following:

CM Horizontal Dipole
CE
GW 1 11 0 0 3 0 1.5 3 0.01
GE 1 -1 0
GN 2 0 0 0 13.0000 0.0050
FR 0 1 0 0 100 1
EX 0 1 6 0 1 0
RP 1 1 360 0000 3 0 1.00000 1.00000 10000
EN

At 10,000 meters, 3 meters off the ground:
E(theta) is maximum off the ends at 3.5E-8 V/m
E(phi) is maximum off the sides at 2.6E-7 V/m

This agrees with the expected horizontal polarization off
the sides, and vertical polarization off the ends.

Frank, VE6CB

Now what's the result without the surface wave?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old June 21st 09, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

At 10,000 meters, 3 meters off the ground:
E(theta) is maximum off the ends at 3.5E-8 V/m
E(phi) is maximum off the sides at 2.6E-7 V/m

This agrees with the expected horizontal polarization off
the sides, and vertical polarization off the ends.

Frank, VE6CB

Now what's the result without the surface wave?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Good point: E(theta) off the ends 1.25E-7 V/m
E(phi) off the sides 1.04E-7 V/m

Frank

Old June 21st 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Frank wrote:
At 10,000 meters, 3 meters off the ground:
E(theta) is maximum off the ends at 3.5E-8 V/m
E(phi) is maximum off the sides at 2.6E-7 V/m

This agrees with the expected horizontal polarization off
the sides, and vertical polarization off the ends.

Frank, VE6CB

Now what's the result without the surface wave?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Good point: E(theta) off the ends 1.25E-7 V/m
E(phi) off the sides 1.04E-7 V/m

Frank

Ok, how do I get those, and select those, results? I looked for it, but
couldn't find it in EZNEC.

tom
K0TAR
Old June 21st 09, 04:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"tom" wrote in message
. net...
Frank wrote:
At 10,000 meters, 3 meters off the ground:
E(theta) is maximum off the ends at 3.5E-8 V/m
E(phi) is maximum off the sides at 2.6E-7 V/m

This agrees with the expected horizontal polarization off
the sides, and vertical polarization off the ends.

Frank, VE6CB
Now what's the result without the surface wave?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Good point: E(theta) off the ends 1.25E-7 V/m
E(phi) off the sides 1.04E-7 V/m

Frank

Ok, how do I get those, and select those, results? I looked for it, but
couldn't find it in EZNEC.

tom
K0TAR

It comes from the "RP" card; line 8 below. I do not know how to
implement this line of code in EZNEC. I am sure there are
plenty of people In this group that know how to do it.

Frank
VE6CB

CM Horizontal Dipole
CE
GW 1 11 0 0 3 0 1.5 3 0.01
GE 1 -1 0
GN 2 0 0 0 13.0000 0.0050
FR 0 1 0 0 100 1
EX 0 1 6 0 1 0
RP 1 1 360 0000 3 0 1.00000 1.00000 10000
EN

l/2 horizontal dipole vs inverted L 160m band tzitzikas Antenna 3 January 3rd 09 08:32 PM
Horizontal Coaxial Dipole? Cecil Moore Antenna 9 November 2nd 06 04:01 PM
Vertical radiation from horizontal dipole? lu6etj Antenna 14 August 23rd 06 07:24 PM
(OT) 83 Degrees David Shortwave 0 August 14th 05 04:32 PM
Who has an ideal horizontal dipole for HF? Jack Twilley Antenna 15 July 4th 04 09:17 PM