Old August 14th 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Home Depot antenna

On Aug 13, 7:59*am, JIMMIE wrote:
On Aug 12, 7:54*pm, K7ITM wrote:

On Aug 9, 5:17*pm, JIMMIE wrote:

Ive been doing some house painting *this week so I bought an extension
handle at Home Depot. Its a colapsable aluminum handle that extends to
18 ft. It was on sale for $39.95. I dont think I could have bought the
tubing that cheap. I only saw a couple of the metal poles left all the
others were fiberglass.

Jimmie

Another option at a similar price (and less when it's on sale) is
Harbor Freight's 3-section telescoping flagpole. *It's three aluminum
sections, 16 feet (1/4 wave on 20 meters) when extended. *Their stock
number is 92901-8VGA.

Cheers,
Tom

Looks like the sections fit together better than what I found too. I
was thinking of building a 5/8ths for 10M. This would certainly get me
almost there.

Jimmie

I have one, and to me it seems reasonably well made and more rugged
than the telescoping pole I have for window cleaning that's probably
similar to the Home Depot item you originally posted about. I would
recommend planning on some sort of strap between sections, to assure a
good RF path. They also have a 4 section, 20 foot one, though it's
over 50% more expensive.

Cheers,
Tom

WANTED: Depot manual AN/RT-18/ARC-1 Chuck Harris Boatanchors 4 October 9th 21 10:51 AM
Need Home Stereo AM/FM Antenna LauraM Shortwave 6 August 12th 05 12:36 AM
RSS Depot 11 FiendAZ Swap 1 February 19th 05 03:34 PM
Home made antenna?? Bob Boatanchors 10 March 12th 04 08:38 PM
FS: Home Brew Antenna Tuner(s) N4ATS Swap 0 December 17th 03 12:18 AM