Old September 11th 09, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default need help ID'ing CushCraft 10-15-20 beam

Just picked up a disassembled 3 element CushCraft beam.
I think its a 10-15-20 meter beam, but not certain. There are
traps (TB-1) on all 3 elements (6 total). The boom was
missing.

Hoping to identify the model so I can get assembly instructions
and length of the boom. No luck with a net search.
Steve W6SSP

Old September 11th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In "Steve"
wrote:

Hoping to identify the model so I can get assembly instructions
and length of the boom. No luck with a net search.

Since MFJ bought Cushcraft, the new (mostly empty) Web site is

http://www.cushcraftamateur.com/

with the manuals at

http://www.cushcraftamateur.com/manuals.htm

Maybe you can go through the manuals for the tri-banders 'til you find
something that looks familiar.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old September 11th 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 11, 10:40*am, "Steve" wrote:
Just picked up a disassembled 3 element CushCraft beam.
I think its a 10-15-20 meter beam, but not certain. There are
traps (TB-1) on all 3 elements (6 total). The boom was
missing.

Hoping to identify the model so I can get assembly instructions
and length of the boom. No luck with a net search.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Steve W6SSP

Hi Steve,

I'm no expert on Cushcraft, but a quick look at the few manuals that I
have on BAMA turns up only one beam that uses the identifier "TB-1"
and that is the three element A3WS duo-bander for 12 and 17 meters.
You are welcome to download the manual from either the main BAMA site
at http://bama.sbc.edu or from the mirror site at http://bama.edebris.com
The other Cushcraft beams that I looked at had two traps on each
element half if they were the 10-15-20 mx variety. Hope this helps.

73,
Ken - K4XL
BAMA

Old September 12th 09, 03:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Great, Steve! I'm glad that you were able to identify the beam and
download the manual.
Twenty meters is a blast, but 17 isn't far behind. I think you will
enjoy it very much.
73,
Ken - K4XL

On Sep 11, 9:35*pm, "Steve" wrote:
Thanks guys!!!! It is the A3WS and I was able to download
the manual. Was hoping it would do 20 meters.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Steve"Steve" wrote in message

Just picked up a disassembled 3 element CushCraft beam.
I think its a 10-15-20 meter beam, but not certain. There are
traps (TB-1) on all 3 elements (6 total). The boom was
missing.

Hoping to identify the model so I can get assembly instructions
and length of the boom. No luck with a net search.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Steve W6SSP

cushcraft A3S Tribander HF beam les Antenna 7 April 24th 11 04:58 AM
FS: Cushcraft 2-Meter Beam Steve Swap 0 May 6th 07 07:59 PM
FA: New Cushcraft 2/440 beam KC2FTN Swap 1 September 19th 04 07:13 AM
WTB Cushcraft 2 el 40m beam Josh Swap 0 March 10th 04 08:53 PM
FS: Cushcraft A148-10S 2 meter beam WZ1U Equipment 0 September 22nd 03 08:59 PM