Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old October 10th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,339
Default mesh radiator

I have put the mesh radiator on my page
Nothing more to add, you have it all.

Unwin Antennas

  #2   Report Post  
Old October 10th 09, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: May 2009
Posts: 660
Default mesh radiator

Art Unwin wrote:
I have put the mesh radiator on my page
Nothing more to add, you have it all.

Unwin Antennas


Zero is still zero.

tom
K0TAR
  #3   Report Post  
Old October 10th 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: May 2009
Posts: 660
Default mesh radiator

Art Unwin wrote:
I have put the mesh radiator on my page
Nothing more to add, you have it all.

Unwin Antennas


And the Unwin Antennas is a nice touch.

"Unwin Antennas, where nothing is what it claims to be"

tom
K0TAR
  #4   Report Post  
Old October 10th 09, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
Default mesh radiator

On Oct 10, 9:46*am, tom wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I have put the mesh radiator on my page
Nothing more to add, you have it all.


Unwin Antennas


And the Unwin Antennas is a nice touch.

"Unwin Antennas, where nothing is what it claims to be"

tom
K0TAR


Tom
It was not so long ago you were whinging because art had not
told you how to build his antenna, I suggest you build one and find
out if it works before you
rubbish all, stop acting like the asshole you are, either you are
interested or you are not, make up your mind. Your knee jerk posts are
getting booring.

Jaro
  #5   Report Post  
Old October 10th 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: May 2009
Posts: 660
Default mesh radiator

jaroslav lipka wrote:
On Oct 10, 9:46 am, tom wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I have put the mesh radiator on my page
Nothing more to add, you have it all.
Unwin Antennas

And the Unwin Antennas is a nice touch.

"Unwin Antennas, where nothing is what it claims to be"

tom
K0TAR


Tom
It was not so long ago you were whinging because art had not
told you how to build his antenna, I suggest you build one and find
out if it works before you
rubbish all, stop acting like the asshole you are, either you are
interested or you are not, make up your mind. Your knee jerk posts are
getting booring.

Jaro


So where are these antennas? I haven't seen a link.

tom
K0TAR


  #6   Report Post  
Old October 10th 09, 06:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Sep 2009
Posts: 16
Default mesh radiator

On Oct 10, 12:04*pm, tom wrote:
jaroslav lipka wrote:
On Oct 10, 9:46 am, tom wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
I have put the mesh radiator on my page
Nothing more to add, you have it all.
Unwin Antennas
And the Unwin Antennas is a nice touch.


"Unwin Antennas, where nothing is what it claims to be"


tom
K0TAR


Tom
* * * It was not so long ago you were whinging because art had not
told you how to build his antenna, I suggest you build one and find
out if it works before you
rubbish all, stop acting like the asshole you are, either you are
interested or you are not, make up your mind. Your knee jerk posts are
getting booring.


Jaro


So where are these antennas? *I haven't seen a link.

tom
K0TAR


Tom
And you call yourself intelligent, the fact you even asked the
question shows what a dipstick you are.
Read and absorb.

Jaro
  #7   Report Post  
Old October 10th 09, 11:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jun 2006
Posts: 440
Default mesh radiator

On Oct 9, 7:31*pm, Art Unwin wrote:
I have put the mesh radiator on my page
Nothing more to add, you have it all.


Not really.

For examples, over a given r-f bandwidth:

- Radiation pattern throughout the free-space radiation sphere?
- Free-space gain with respect to an isotropic radiator (dBi) or a
matched, 1/2-wave dipole (dBd)?

Note that any particular r-f termination may have low feedpoint VSWR
over a considerable bandwidth, for some reference impedance value --
but that does not necessarily make it a useful antenna (think: dummy
load).

RF
  #8   Report Post  
Old October 10th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jun 2006
Posts: 440
Default mesh radiator

In my previous post in this thread I asked about the gain and pattern
of this mesh antenna. Hopefully the inventor will respond when he is
able.

But being curious and not wanting to wait, I went back to his previous
thread about small antennas, and modeled what he posted there -- just
to learn what NEC would show for those parameters.

The results are given in the link below.

The h-plane azimuth gain of this mesh antenna is far from uniform, and
its 0.0134 + j85.45 ohm feedpoint impedance is very unfriendly --
though the frequency is centered in Art's stated VSWR bandwidth.

Even if this feedpoint Z was perfectly matched there to a 72 ohm
balanced transmission line, this mesh antenna would still be a poor
radiator compared to a 1/2-wave dipole.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...sh_Antenna.jpg

RF
  #9   Report Post  
Old October 11th 09, 12:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: May 2009
Posts: 660
Default mesh radiator

jaroslav lipka wrote:

Tom
And you call yourself intelligent, the fact you even asked the
question shows what a dipstick you are.
Read and absorb.

Jaro


So then, based on all you've learned from Art, why don't you give a
brief description of an antenna based on Art's principles. Please give
some dimensions.

tom
K0TAR
  #10   Report Post  
Old October 11th 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: May 2009
Posts: 660
Default mesh radiator

jaroslav lipka wrote:
Tom
And you call yourself intelligent, the fact you even asked the
question shows what a dipstick you are.
Read and absorb.

Jaro


Oh, and let's make it a nice simple antenna for say 40m.

tom
K0TAR


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reflector mesh surface Art Unwin Antenna 71 December 31st 08 04:25 AM
Tilted radiator Art Unwin Antenna 37 September 15th 08 04:53 AM
Circuitry of a radiator art Antenna 2 January 15th 08 06:52 PM
orchard wire mesh Beverage? Dan Jacobson Antenna 0 February 24th 06 10:37 PM
need to change radiator size Luddite Antenna 4 February 13th 04 02:52 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 RadioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Radio"

 

Copyright © 2017