Old November 1st 09, 06:04 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Looking for sine wave clip art

From: Ian Wade G3NRW
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 Time: 13:29:10

I'm preparing a PowerPoint presentation, and need to plot a sine wave.
I can't do this by hand, so I need clip art of a simple sine wave.
Nothing fancy, just one or two complete cycles. Source anyone?

Thanks everyone for the inputs.

And the winner is: Cecil, W5DXP, for suggesting I use Excel. This let me
plot superimposed sine waves with various phase differences, exactly
what I wanted.

--
73
Ian, G3NRW
Old November 1st 09, 06:18 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:
This let me
plot superimposed sine waves with various phase differences, exactly
what I wanted.

Ian

That may have been what you wanted but it certainly was not what you
asked for!

--
Visit the Amazing Online Fleamarket at http://www.fleamarket.org.uk

Always lots of amateur radio gear!

Old November 1st 09, 06:37 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message , Ian Wade G3NRW
writes
From: Richard G3CWI
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 Time: 13:53:29

Google is clearly a closely guarded secret. Lots of people in groups
that I subscribe to have clearly never heard of it. The odd thing is
that it must take them longer to type their question than it would
take them to find the answer.

Google? Well, I searched Google and Bing! for nearly an hour, and found
dozens and dozens and dozens of sine waves. Unfortunately most of them
had superfluous embellishments and/or were of poor graphics quality,
making them totally unsuitable for my purposes.

I promise to try harder in future .....

OK it's overkill, but LTSpice will generate almost any waveform you want
and you can capture as a bitmap.

Http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/ltspice.jsp

e.g.:-

Http://www.b-howie.demon.co.uk/sinwave.bmp

Brian
--
Brian Howie
Old November 1st 09, 09:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard G3CWI wrote:
Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:
This let me
plot superimposed sine waves with various phase differences, exactly
what I wanted.

That may have been what you wanted but it certainly was not what you
asked for!

I'm telepathic. :-)
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com
Old November 2nd 09, 08:35 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message , Brian Howie
writes
In message , Ian Wade G3NRW
writes
From: Richard G3CWI
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 Time: 13:53:29

Google is clearly a closely guarded secret. Lots of people in groups
that I subscribe to have clearly never heard of it. The odd thing is
that it must take them longer to type their question than it would
take them to find the answer.

Google? Well, I searched Google and Bing! for nearly an hour, and
found dozens and dozens and dozens of sine waves. Unfortunately most
of them had superfluous embellishments and/or were of poor graphics
quality, making them totally unsuitable for my purposes.

I promise to try harder in future .....

OK it's overkill, but LTSpice will generate almost any waveform you
want and you can capture as a bitmap.

Http://www.linear.com/designtools/software/ltspice.jsp

e.g.:-

Http://www.b-howie.demon.co.uk/sinwave.bmp

Somewhere out there on the internet, there's a site where you can build
(or, more accurately, 'synthesise') your own waveform from its
individual components. It's great fun and very instructive.
Unfortunately, I can't find it at the moment (but I'm looking).
--
Ian

Old November 2nd 09, 12:20 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 1 Nov, 14:06, Cecil Moore wrote:
Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:
I'm preparing a PowerPoint presentation, and need to plot a sine wave. I
can't do this by hand, so I need clip art of a simple sine wave. Nothing
fancy, just one or two complete cycles. Source anyone?

Takes about 5 minutes in EXCEL.

5 mins? you've either got a very slow PC or you've set the frequency
too low :-)
Old November 2nd 09, 12:29 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 2 Nov, 08:35, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message , Brian Howie
writes

In message , Ian Wade G3NRW
writes
From: Richard G3CWI
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 * Time: 13:53:29

[...]

Ian- Hide quoted text -

http://flexmonkey.co.uk/flexmonkeysy...nkeysynth.html ??
Old November 2nd 09, 12:30 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

EA1/G1LVN wrote:
On 1 Nov, 14:06, Cecil Moore wrote:
Takes about 5 minutes in EXCEL.

5 mins? you've either got a very slow PC or you've set the frequency
too low :-)

Well, I had to make a fresh pot of coffee
while I was booting EXCEL. :-)
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com
Old November 2nd 09, 01:24 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message
,
EA1/G1LVN writes
On 2 Nov, 08:35, Ian Jackson
wrote:
In message , Brian Howie
writes

In message , Ian Wade G3NRW
writes
From: Richard G3CWI
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 * Time: 13:53:29

[...]

Thanks.

But what a bloody awful website! It's more or less unreadable (at least
in OE8). If I try Safari, all I get is a light blue screen, and a
message saying that I need Abobe Player 10 (and I've already got
V10.0.32.18) installed.

Nothing seems to do very much, but I'll have another look at it later
on.

But no, It's definitely not the website I was thinking about. I'm sure I
have a link to it. Will look later (after I've swept a load of leaves
up!).
--
Ian
Old November 2nd 09, 04:00 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 08:35:48 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

Somewhere out there on the internet, there's a site where you can build
(or, more accurately, 'synthesise') your own waveform from its
individual components. It's great fun and very instructive.
Unfortunately, I can't find it at the moment (but I'm looking).

Perhaps?
http://www.fourier-series.com/fourierseries2/fourier_series_tutorial.html

--
Jeff Liebermann