Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 6th 10, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Physics forums censor ship

On the subject of particle wave duality with respect to radiation, I
pointed out to several physics forums that
the gaussian law on statics is the same as that of a Faraday shield
and when applied with a time varying field amounted to radiation per
Maxwells laws. Both of these instances suggests particles with spin,
probably helical.
Now physics forums have moderators with the power to ban questions
that challenge existing laws (waves) where as the questions and the
poster can be censored and banned.
This, of course, has happened to me. Reading further I see that
physicists are plagued with "crackpots" mainly "engineers" who come up
with theories that challenge fully accepted theories made by
physicists with many years of math study that cannot be equaled by
others!
Since the particle has spin of helical form it makes me wonder if the
helical action is what is referred to as a wave, but no answer is
available which is also followed up by banning. ( lack of mathematical
reasoning)
We do not have moderators on this newsgroup, but just imagine how a
few can determine the incorrectness of radiation or challenges to
accepted science could stifle
the whole idea of experimentation in our hobby and hold of progression
within the hobby!
Forums are not perfect by any means but the idea of moderators that
can ban or censor free thought where only questions accepted are those
that can be answered parrot fashion from the books just throws me for
a loop. I know that censorship exists in many countries which are
controlled by a few or a committee
I sure hope that anything like physics censorship is not bestowed on
this newsgroup. by moderators with brains of a higher calibre than
those that post.
Looking at how progress is defined by the Nobel prize
I see that nominies can only be accepted by those "known" in the
field. In other words, the poll of insiders
make the choice. The nominees are then adjudicated by a committee of a
dozen or so ( connected to the funds side) who then decide the winner.
The bottom line is that the winner is determined by a group that wish
to continue being thought as an insider or equivalent scientist by
coat tailing a winner.
Obviously we are still accepting that "all is known" in the sciences.
But then, why do students have to buy those new expensive books each
year if change has not come about?

sci.physics.electromag NEEDS YOU! Dave Antenna 16 December 14th 07 12:17 PM
Stevie the censor an_old_friend Policy 0 December 3rd 05 06:07 PM
the 'language' of physics GOSPELS FAR FROM THE TRUTH --Mor... [email protected] Shortwave 18 August 7th 05 02:59 AM
Physics according to toad Cmd Buzz Corey Policy 5 May 28th 05 04:57 PM
Ye canna change the lars o' physics Dave VanHorn CB 5 August 2nd 03 08:34 PM