Old January 11th 10, 02:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Dissimilar metals at antenna Mount

On Jan 10, 10:37*pm, Tom Horne wrote:
I have a collinear J pole that I made out of copper pipe. *It is
mounted on a galvanized iron coupling at the top of a piece of
galvanized iron pipe. *I want keep all parts of the mount at ground
for lightning protection while avoiding corrosion between the two
types of piping. *If I use a dielectric union to connect to the
galvanized iron mounting but I still bond both the support pipe and
the antenna base to ground can I avoid the galvanic action that
already caused the two pipe threads to gall.
--
Tom Horne

I transitioned from galvanized to brass to copper by putting a brass
union between the antenna and mast.

Havent had any problems. I also use anti-sieze.

Jimmie

Cutting non ferrous metals with a table saw JIMMIE[_2_] Homebrew 29 February 7th 09 08:16 PM
Dissimilar transistors in VHF 55W PA made to work by DC radio pirate WSQT Homebrew 0 April 6th 08 04:02 AM
Dissimilar Metal Question Nick Swap 3 October 4th 05 02:45 PM
BUY an auction house -- for precious metals Al Patrick Shortwave 0 March 4th 05 04:30 PM
Antenna mount Jason Wagner Scanner 12 August 12th 03 09:02 AM