Old April 19th 10, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Cushcraft MA5B Noise floor?

David Inscribed thus:

Hi all

I took down the antenna and I could not find any fault with it. I
decided to move the antenna down the bottom of my garden @ 20ft off
the ground and hay presto. Every thing is working 100%. All my hiss is
gone. I can only think that it must have been caused by some thing
very near to my house.

Thanks all

I'm now a happy chappy.

73
"David" wrote in message

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
"David" wrote in
news:Wpitn.580013$DL1.346763 @newsfe25.ams2:

The one that I have used is the acetic acid cured silicone.

Then it is corrosive on aluminium. The galvanic currents created may
be causing or contributing to your noise problem.

I would be removing the stuff, difficult as it is to do, but if it
is in contact with metal, it is not suited to your application.

Owen

Ok Owen. I will remove it as soon as I get the time to bring it back
down to ground level.

Thanks

Its surprising how much noise and interference is generated by or in our
own home.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Cushcraft MA5B Bill KB3GUN Antenna 3 August 5th 05 12:21 PM
WTB CUSHCRAFT MA5B 5 BAND BEAM [email protected] Antenna 0 May 2nd 05 08:17 PM
Cushcraft MA5B Users. N4ATS Swap 0 April 11th 04 08:20 PM
Hexbeam vs. Cushcraft MA5B RC Antenna 1 October 12th 03 08:06 PM
Cushcraft MA5B problem Andy Antenna 0 August 9th 03 09:50 AM