Old March 18th 10, 01:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default antenna type question

Hey all,

There was a type of antenna that I remember from when I was a young'un,
but I cannot remember the type that it was.

It was a directional antenna, and had three vertical sections, I'm
assuming they were dipoles, but am not even sure of that. These
verticals were arranged in a Y pattern, and were apparently
electronically or electrically switched to modify the directivity. The
ones I knew about were all cut for 27 MHz, but the specific frequency
isn't important at this point.

Anyone have an idea what this type of antenna was called?. A big bonus
would be if anyone knew about the design of such a beast or a reference
to the design.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Old March 18th 10, 01:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Howard Kowall wrote:
I think it was called a Super Scanner
Howard

That's it! Thanks howard.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -
Old March 18th 10, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Your welcome

Old March 19th 10, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Michael Coslo" wrote in message
Hey all,

There was a type of antenna that I remember from when I was a young'un,
but I cannot remember the type that it was.

It was a directional antenna, and had three vertical sections, I'm
assuming they were dipoles, but am not even sure of that. These verticals
were arranged in a Y pattern, and were apparently electronically or
electrically switched to modify the directivity. The ones I knew about
were all cut for 27 MHz, but the specific frequency isn't important at
this point.

Anyone have an idea what this type of antenna was called?. A big bonus
would be if anyone knew about the design of such a beast or a reference to
the design.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

Also sounds like the old CB Moonraker.
Still have one in the basement.
It was electrically switched.
Also still have the controller.
Still want to cut if for 10 meters.
Now that the sun spots are on the way back may have to put it on the front
burner.

Sam - K7SAM

type 139 chinese receiver pwr slp question Jade's Tech Services[_2_] Boatanchors 2 September 24th 08 02:34 PM
A novice type question art Antenna 6 November 17th 07 04:02 AM
Antenna Question: Vertical Whip Vs. Type X Robert11 Scanner 2 June 29th 07 12:49 AM
Type acceptance of older 23 ch radios vs. 40 channel question. Michael Herron CB 20 December 5th 05 05:56 PM
Antenna type PC Antenna 3 September 16th 03 05:02 AM