Old June 16th 10, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Disconne Or Scantenna Brand Antenna For Scanner Frequencies ?

Hello,

For an antenna to be mounted in my attic, and for the typical scanner
frequencies, am I better off with a Disconne, or with a
Scantenna brand antenna ?
Why ?

Also, am I right that the Scantenna is Omni-directional ?

Thanks,
Bob
Old June 16th 10, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Bob Inscribed thus:

Hello,

For an antenna to be mounted in my attic, and for the typical scanner
frequencies, am I better off with a Disconne, or with a
Scantenna brand antenna ?
Why ?

Also, am I right that the Scantenna is Omni-directional ?

Thanks,
Bob

If you have a typical attic (inverted V ) why not build your own. For a
scanner you probably wouldn't notice any difference between it and a
commercial one.

A guy I know used a bicycle wheel for the top hat and wires for the
cone. He also reckons that its a reasonable match on two as well.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Old June 16th 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Jun 16, 3:58*pm, Baron wrote:
Bob Inscribed thus:

Hello,

For an antenna to be mounted in my attic, and for the typical scanner
frequencies, am I better off with a Disconne, or with a
Scantenna brand antenna ?
Why ?

Also, am I right that the Scantenna is Omni-directional ?

Thanks,
Bob

If you have a typical attic (inverted V ) why not build your own. For a
scanner you probably wouldn't notice any difference between it and a
commercial one.

A guy I know used a bicycle wheel for the top hat and wires for the
cone. *He also reckons that its a reasonable match on two as well.

--
Best Regards:
* * * * * * * * * * *Baron.

Ive done this in a pinch for a TV antenna, never tried it on a ham
band but if you pick the right size wheel I cant see why it wouldnt
work.

Jimmie

Old June 16th 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Jun 16, 3:58*pm, Baron wrote:
[...]

Disconne Question Robert11[_2_] Antenna 18 October 27th 09 11:13 PM
disconne antenna suhan Scanner 0 December 20th 07 04:32 PM
Scantenna and TV satellite dish on same antenna tower. Walter Scanner 4 September 29th 03 11:51 PM
Scantenna and TV satellite dish on same antenna tower. Walter Antenna 2 September 24th 03 02:14 PM
Antenna Question: Handheld's vs External Discone or Scantenna ? Robert11 Scanner 1 August 31st 03 01:27 AM