Old June 20th 10, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Ringo Ranger 2Mtr on 6Mtr

I have an old 2-meter Ringo Ranger on top of the tower
that has not been used for some time. I wonder how it
will do for six meters?

None of my SWR boxes cover VHF so may have to just
give it try and see what happens.

Wish me luck
Old June 20th 10, 02:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In article ,
Dick wrote:

I have an old 2-meter Ringo Ranger on top of the tower
that has not been used for some time. I wonder how it
will do for six meters?

None of my SWR boxes cover VHF so may have to just
give it try and see what happens.

Wish me luck

It was a good idea that DID NOT work. The SWR as shown
on rig's s-meter was terrible and I could tell it was not hearing
as well as the fan dipole.
Old June 20th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dick Inscribed thus:

In article ,
Dick wrote:

I have an old 2-meter Ringo Ranger on top of the tower
that has not been used for some time. I wonder how it
will do for six meters?

None of my SWR boxes cover VHF so may have to just
give it try and see what happens.

Wish me luck

It was a good idea that DID NOT work. The SWR as shown
on rig's s-meter was terrible and I could tell it was not hearing
as well as the fan dipole.

That wasn't exactly unexpected, now was it :-(

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Old June 20th 10, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In article ,
Baron wrote:

Dick Inscribed thus:

In article ,
Dick wrote:

I have an old 2-meter Ringo Ranger on top of the tower
that has not been used for some time. I wonder how it
will do for six meters?

None of my SWR boxes cover VHF so may have to just
give it try and see what happens.

Wish me luck

It was a good idea that DID NOT work. The SWR as shown
on rig's s-meter was terrible and I could tell it was not hearing
as well as the fan dipole.

That wasn't exactly unexpected, now was it :-(

Not really but the price was right. HiHi
Old June 20th 10, 09:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dick wrote in news:aa5vu-82CC35.08430320062010@
5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com:

In article ,
Dick wrote:

I have an old 2-meter Ringo Ranger on top of the tower
that has not been used for some time. I wonder how it
will do for six meters?

None of my SWR boxes cover VHF so may have to just
give it try and see what happens.

Wish me luck

It was a good idea that DID NOT work. The SWR as shown
on rig's s-meter was terrible and I could tell it was not hearing
as well as the fan dipole.

Well Dick, you only asked for positive responses, and you go none... so
no surprises.

The matching arrangement on the Ringo is a quite narrow band one, so you
should expect that it will not work well on 6m.

It is not uncommon to hear of people on HF using a 11m end fed half wave
with narrowband matching (ie similar to the Ringo) on the lower bands (eg
7MHz) with the 'assistance' of an ATU. I quote 'assistance' because the
ATU does assist in obtaining a good VSWR for the transceiver, but
probably converts most of the transmitter to heat. A good example of the
failure of an entirely VSWR focused approach.

An ATU can hide a multitude of sins.

Owen

Old June 20th 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Owen Duffy Inscribed thus:

Dick wrote:

[...]

It might actually be better if the phasing stub were replaced by a
short !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Old June 25th 10, 02:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dick" schreef in bericht
In article ,
Dick wrote:
It was a good idea that DID NOT work. The SWR as shown
on rig's s-meter was terrible and I could tell it was not hearing
as well as the fan dipole.

No luck this time doesn't mean always bad luck.
I've tried my 6M ECO vertical antenna on 20M with succes. VSWR is ok by
tuning just a bit and on BPKS31 it works outstanding.

73's de ON3xXx
Rudi

EZNEC model of a 2m Ringo Ranger SignalFerret Antenna 2 December 12th 05 04:35 PM
Ringo Ranger II Harbin Antenna 6 November 16th 04 09:18 AM
ARX2B Ringo Ranger Theplanters95 Antenna 13 October 24th 04 04:20 AM
WTB: Ringo Ranger II Edflicek Swap 0 January 11th 04 06:23 PM
Cushcraft Ringo Ranger II Dave Platt Antenna 0 July 10th 03 02:41 AM