Old July 8th 10, 02:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Portable H FAntenna

Good morning all
I am going to France for a month in October.
Going to take some HF gear with me (FT897D),But I need some sort of Balcony
antenna for HF bands (prob 20mtrs would be ok)does anyone have any ideas
what i can build or buy for an antenna,with a balcony mount.I am not sure
what else we there for me to string up,all I know is that we have a
balcony.I did look at the MFJ 1622 antenna,it look like what I am looking
for,i need to be able to pack it in a suitcase some how
Thanks to all who read and respond
Howard
VE4ISP

Old July 8th 10, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Howard Kowall" wrote in
:

Good morning all
I am going to France for a month in October.
Going to take some HF gear with me (FT897D),But I need some sort of
Balcony antenna for HF bands (prob 20mtrs would be ok)does anyone have
any ideas what i can build or buy for an antenna,with a balcony
mount.I am not sure what else we there for me to string up,all I know
is that we have a balcony.I did look at the MFJ 1622 antenna,it look
like what I am looking for,i need to be able to pack it in a suitcase
some how Thanks to all who read and respond
Howard
VE4ISP

Signalwise, a 20M hamstick on a visegrip mount has worked ok for me. But
I got way too much RFI into people's plasma and LCD TV sets.

--
Dave Oldridge+

Old July 9th 10, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Jul 8, 8:11*am, "Howard Kowall" wrote:
Good morning all
I am going to France for a month in October.
Going to take *some HF gear with me (FT897D),But I need some sort of Balcony
antenna for HF bands (prob 20mtrs would be ok)does anyone have any ideas
what i can build or buy *for an *antenna,with a balcony mount.I am not sure
what else we there for me to string up,all I know is that we have a
balcony.I did look at the MFJ 1622 antenna,it look like what I am looking
for,i need to be able to pack it in a suitcase some how
Thanks to all who read and respond
Howard
VE4ISP

I'd just take some rg-58 coax, and some wire and make a dipole.
Then string it up best you can. IE: one leg could be horizontal
stretching into the building along the floor or ceiling, and the other
end could just hang loose vertical from the balcony.
It's only 16 ft a leg for 20m, so shouldn't be too hard to find a way
squeeze it in.
A small weight could hold the hanging end down.
Of course, if there is metal everywhere, coupling to the antenna
could be a problem, and effect tuning.

Best Portable for MW DX dxAce Shortwave 1 December 29th 08 08:02 AM
Best Portable for MW DX RHF Shortwave 2 December 28th 08 04:17 PM
best portable or non-portable SW radio? Apostle Keith Brown Shortwave 5 March 19th 08 02:48 AM
FA: Vintage Realistic "Astronaut 5" Multi-Band Portable SW/FM/AM/VHF Portable Radio Cartrivision1 Shortwave 0 March 28th 07 05:54 PM
FA: Vintage Realistic "Astronaut 5" Multi-Band Portable SW/FM/AM/VHF Portable Radio Cartrivision1 Swap 0 March 28th 07 05:54 PM