Old April 3rd 04, 03:37 AM

Default NMO or UHF Mobil Mount?????

Greetings All,

From a performance standpoint, which is better, a UHF or NMO mount for a
dualband VHF/UHF mobil antenna.

Reply to my e-mail direct.

73's

Earl

Old April 3rd 04, 05:57 AM
Andy in NJ

Since you'll probably be working FM, assumably repeaters, it doesn't matter.
Either will work just fine. It's the actual antenna that you need to be
concerned about.

--
73! de Andy KC2SSB
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
wrote in message
Greetings All,

From a performance standpoint, which is better, a UHF or NMO mount for a

Old April 3rd 04, 02:15 PM
H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H

wrote in message
Greetings All,

From a performance standpoint, which is better, a UHF or NMO mount for a
dualband VHF/UHF mobil antenna.

Reply to my e-mail direct.

73's

Earl

The NMO is easier to mount in a blind hole; you need only be able to fish
the coax.
It also presents a lower profile when the antenna's removed.
NMO is my choice when you drill a hole in sheet metal.
Electrical performance is a wash.
73
H.
NQ5H

Old April 3rd 04, 05:18 PM
Gary S.

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 07:15:25 -0600, "H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H"
wrote:

The NMO is easier to mount in a blind hole; you need only be able to fish
the coax.
It also presents a lower profile when the antenna's removed.
NMO is my choice when you drill a hole in sheet metal.
Electrical performance is a wash.
73

Also, I understand that many cell phone antennas also use the NMO.
This might turn a negative into a positive when reselling the car.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA