Old December 17th 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default USB Stations ? (a bit OT)

Hello,

Wish to check out my receiver/antenna on USB signals.

Having a bit of trouble latching on to any.

Are there any USB stations/transmitters that are more or less always
transmitting, and have a reasonably strong signal ?
Live outside of Boston.

For LSB ?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays,
Bob
Old December 17th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Dec 17, 5:44*pm, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Wish to check out my receiver/antenna on USB signals.

Having a bit of trouble latching on to any.

Are there any USB stations/transmitters that are more or less always
transmitting, and have a reasonably strong signal ?
Live outside of Boston.

For LSB ?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays,
Bob

for usb try between 14150 and 14350 during the day
for lsb try between 7125 and 7300 just about any time, but especially
at night.
Old December 17th 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:44:53 -0500, Bob wrote:

Wish to check out my receiver/antenna on USB signals.

Hi Bob,

Tune into international shortwave broadcasts. Even though they are
AM, the have both upper and lower sidebands (yes, I know, didactic).
Still and all, it will give you some feel for tuning a signal in. For
some receivers that can split a band with narrow IF filtering, this is
a good way to DX weak AM signals.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Old December 18th 10, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:44:53 -0500, Bob rearranged some electrons to say:

Hello,

Wish to check out my receiver/antenna on USB signals.

Having a bit of trouble latching on to any.

Are there any USB stations/transmitters that are more or less always
transmitting, and have a reasonably strong signal ? Live outside of
Boston.

For LSB ?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays,
Bob

Try WWV at 10 MHz (or any of the other frequecies they transmit on -
multiples of 5 MHz). It is AM so both sidebands are present.

Old December 18th 10, 04:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 03:10:25 +0000 (UTC), david
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 12:44:53 -0500, Bob rearranged some electrons to say:

Hello,

Wish to check out my receiver/antenna on USB signals.

Having a bit of trouble latching on to any.

Are there any USB stations/transmitters that are more or less always
transmitting, and have a reasonably strong signal ? Live outside of
Boston.

For LSB ?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays,
Bob

Try WWV at 10 MHz (or any of the other frequecies they transmit on -
multiples of 5 MHz). It is AM so both sidebands are present.

Aviation HF stations are USB. For example, Gander and New York VOLMET
stations on 3485, 6604, 10051, and 13270 MHz