Old December 22nd 10, 11:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Sidebands

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:38:54 +0000, Jeff rearranged some electrons to say:

On
What if both sidebands are NOT "saying the same thing"? Then, for

instance, you can broadcast stereo in a way that receivers mixing the
two sidebands will still receive an acceptable mono signal.

I am trying to find if that SSB from 1915 were the distance dependent.
S*

Distance from where? You are not making sense.

Jeff

He never does.
Old December 22nd 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Użytkownik napisał w wiadomo¶ci
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Here are thy unrestricted signal (upper diagram). It has the three peaks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pa...schematic3.png

So in an old radio the same station was in the three places (on the
scale)
close to one another.
Am I right?
S*

Nope, you haven't the slightest bit of understanding of what the term
"passband" means so your question is nonsense.

"Radio receivers generally include a tunable band-pass filter with a
passband that is wide enough to accommodate the bandwidth of the radio
signal transmitted by a single station."

For me a radio is a box with the knob to rotate.
Now at FM no brakes between stations. At AM are.

What was in 1915?
S*

Old December 22nd 10, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Uzytkownik "Jeff" napisal w wiadomosci

I am trying to find if that SSB from 1915 were the distance dependent.
S*

Distance from where? You are not making sense.

From the station.
S*

Old December 22nd 10, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Nope, you haven't the slightest bit of understanding of what the term
"passband" means so your question is nonsense.

"Radio receivers generally include a tunable band-pass filter with a
passband that is wide enough to accommodate the bandwidth of the radio
signal transmitted by a single station."

That statement is at best misleading, and in some cases incorrect.

In most receivers any *tunable* filter is MUCH MUCH wider than the
bandwidth required to accommodate the bandwidth of the signal transmitted.

The selectivity being produced by one or more *fixed* frequency filters
which are just wide enough to accommodate the bandwidth of the wanted
signal.

For me a radio is a box with the knob to rotate.
Now at FM no brakes between stations. At AM are.

What was in 1915?
S*

In 1915 there were no broadcast stations to speak of so your dial
would be just one large "brake" (sic).

Jeff

Old December 22nd 10, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I am trying to find if that SSB from 1915 were the distance dependent.
S*

Distance from where? You are not making sense.

From the station.
S*

________________

Radio waves behaved the same in 1915 as they do now.

The distance to a given field intensity, for the same conditions,
is the same now as it was then.

Old December 22nd 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 22/12/2010 17:10, Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Uzytkownik "Jeff" napisal w wiadomosci

I am trying to find if that SSB from 1915 were the distance dependent.
S*

Distance from where? You are not making sense.

From the station.
S*

If you tell us where you are and which station you are talking about
we might be able to find the distance!!

Jeff
Old December 22nd 10, 05:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Fry wrote:
Radio waves behaved the same in 1915 as they do now.

Well sort of :-)

Before (and during) WWI, anything below 200 meters (over 1.5 mHz) was
considered too high in frequency to be useful.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.
Old December 22nd 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

UĆŒytkownik napisaƂ w wiadomoƛci
Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Here are thy unrestricted signal (upper diagram). It has the three peaks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pa...schematic3.png

So in an old radio the same station was in the three places (on the
scale)
close to one another.
Am I right?
S*

Nope, you haven't the slightest bit of understanding of what the term
"passband" means so your question is nonsense.

"Radio receivers generally include a tunable band-pass filter with a
passband that is wide enough to accommodate the bandwidth of the radio
signal transmitted by a single station."

Oh goody, you can cut and paste from a web site.

Yet you have no clue what the quote means or the implications of having
ommited any mention of the IF stages of a receiver.

For me a radio is a box with the knob to rotate.
Now at FM no brakes between stations. At AM are.

Gibberish.

What was in 1915?
S*

The battleship HMS Formidable is sunk off Lyme Regis, Dorset, England, by
a German U-Boat.

An earthquake (6.8 in Richter scale) in Avezzano, Italy, kills more than 29,000.

The 1915 locust plague breaks out in Palestine; it continues until October.

The theory of general relativity is formulated.

The first prototype tank is tested for the British Army for the first time.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old December 22nd 10, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Now my radio use FM. The one station is on the distance circle 1cm.
In 1915 was the same for AM?
S*

Gibberish.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old December 22nd 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

I am trying to find if that SSB from 1915 were the distance dependent.
S*

Babbling gibberish.

SSB was a laboratory curiousity in 1915 and was little more than a set
of equations.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.