Old December 26th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag

Default ANSOF antenna software (not ANSOFT)

Hello,

Does somebody have experience with ANSOF (www.antennasoftware.com.ar),
especially with planar circuits? Is this a NEC based package?

They say you can use a flat strip as basic element (like in the
"planar" commercial SW packages), though they speak of wire segments
in most other documents on their site. They also mention that you can
simulate wire segments in dielectric or magnetic media. This looks
nice for the relative low price.

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl
Old December 27th 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag

"Wimpie" wrote in message
Hello,

Does somebody have experience with ANSOF (www.antennasoftware.com.ar),
especially with planar circuits? Is this a NEC based package?

They say you can use a flat strip as basic element (like in the
"planar" commercial SW packages), though they speak of wire segments
in most other documents on their site. They also mention that you can
simulate wire segments in dielectric or magnetic media. This looks
nice for the relative low price.

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl

Hello Wim...

I haven't use it, but I can steer you to where you can get your questions
answered.

Go to www.antennex.com , This site is devoted entirely to antennas and
related items. Join the antenna discussion list (no charge) and post your
question there.

If there is a group that is more aware of what is going on with antennas, I
haven't found it. Everything from PhD professors to ex and current
professional antenna designers to "just plain hams" (like me).

All the best

Bill Miller
KT4YE

Old December 28th 10, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag

On 27 dic, 20:44, "Bill Miller" wrote:
"Wimpie" wrote in message

[...]

Hello Bill,

I made a free account for the "guest rooms". I checked several free
documents (lots of material from L. B. Cebik (W4RNL) ). Nevertheless
nothing about "ansof". Maybe somebody with a non-free account can
check other parts of the website for ansof.

Best regards and thanks for the info,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl
Old December 28th 10, 04:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag

"Wimpie" wrote in message

[...]

Hi Wim...

Sorry. I did not make myself clear. I do not believe there is any useful
information on this subject in the antenneX website, nor in Cebik's site.
(but there is a TON of other info there!)

From the antenneX website, subscribe to the antenna discussion email list
and post your question there. I'll be pretty surprised if you don't get
meaningful answers!

All the best,

Bill

Old December 28th 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag

On Dec 26, 3:07*pm, Wimpie wrote:
Hello,

Does somebody have experience with ANSOF (www.antennasoftware.com.ar),
especially with planar circuits? *Is this a NEC based package?

They say you can use a flat strip as basic element (like in the
"planar" commercial SW packages), though they speak of wire segments
in most other documents on their site. *They also mention that you can
simulate wire segments in dielectric or magnetic media. This looks
nice for the relative low price.

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJSwww.tetech.nl

their description doesn't mention NEC:

"The computer code is based on an Electric Field Integral Equation
(EFIE) expressed in the frequency domain. The current distribution on
metallic structures is computed by solving the EFIE using a full-wave
Method of Moments (MoM) formulation with conformal geometry
decomposition. This means that geometry details are modeled by using
conformal segments, which exactly follow the contour of the structure,
instead of the typical approximation with straight wire segments. "

lots of nice words, and plenty of pretty pictures on their site... but
i wonder how well verified it is.

Old December 29th 10, 11:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag

On 28/12/2010 17:32, K1TTT wrote:
On Dec 26, 3:07 pm, wrote:
[...]

Something about the whole site seems to ring alarm bells with me, right
from the similarity of the name to Ansoft to the Western Union payment
option!!

Jeff
Old December 29th 10, 12:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag

On 12/27/2010 02:44 PM, Bill Miller wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Ah, yes, the website that promoted the CFA while simultaneously warping
electromagnetic theory. But then I guess I just "don't understand".
Thanks, but I'll stick with ARRL pubs and ref books by Kraus, Jasik,
Terman, King & Harrison, et al for trusted, practical info on antennas.
73s,

--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
Old December 29th 10, 12:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag

*wrote in message
[...]

then what are you doing in here, home of art, mr.b, and in past years,
fracky himself!
Old December 29th 10, 01:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag

Hello David,

On 28 dic, 18:32, K1TTT wrote:
On Dec 26, 3:07*pm, Wimpie wrote:

[...]

Your citation was the reason for me to think: "maybe it isn't NEC
based and is able to some other nice things". However when you look to
further info on the site, it looks wire based. If it is capable of
using other basic elements/segments (for example flat strip), I would
expect some examples on their website.

lots of nice words, and plenty of pretty pictures on their site... but
i wonder how well verified it is.

Given the info on the web and the responses to my thread, I agree on
your statement.

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl
without abc, PM will reach me in most cases
Old December 29th 10, 02:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.physics.electromag

On 12/29/2010 07:34 AM, K1TTT wrote:
then what are you doing in here, home of art, mr.b, and in past years,
fracky himself!

Because it's entertaining, often thought-provoking and never dull. I
have no quarrels with the folks you mention and they can hold whatever
views they wish; they are certainly capable of producing workable ham
band antennas. The problem is the "procrustean bed" that is often used
to "fit" the theory to the antenna design. In the extreme it's the
difference between tinkering and hoping for an efficient, practical
solution vs. applying good engineering and science in coming up with a
viable implementation (which is why I mentioned those reference books in
my previous post). Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory

V: Antenna Software Klaus Passler Antenna 2 December 15th 04 09:50 PM
Antenna modeling software Thomas Antenna 14 September 13th 04 06:42 PM
Ansoft Ensemble SV Arun SV Antenna 2 April 19th 04 01:47 AM
Adding components with Ansoft Designer SV Peter Bolch Homebrew 0 March 11th 04 08:29 PM
Adding components with Ansoft Designer SV Peter Bolch Homebrew 0 March 11th 04 08:29 PM