Old January 16th 11, 05:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Understanding Parallel to Series conversion

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 21:29:00 -0600, joe wrote:

If you look only at a resistive source impedance, the most power we can
get is

Hi Joe,

It is a given that from the power available in the field, only half of
it at most will be captured - ever.

So, doing something to match the tank to the load could be much more
effective. A tapped coil or additional winding has been suggested.

Well, the discussion took a branch into resistive networks for the
simplicity of discussion, not as an example of a solution to the
practical problem.

A tapped coil is an excellant choice, of course, I offered that option
myself. A secondary coil, also suggested, is just as useful.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Parallel Lines? Asimov Antenna 10 February 3rd 07 08:42 AM
OT Parallel to USB Cable jim CB 19 January 10th 07 03:32 AM
Parallel Lines Earl Andrews Antenna 0 June 19th 05 03:38 PM
varicaps in parallel Ken Scharf Homebrew 0 March 26th 04 02:20 AM
varicaps in parallel Ken Scharf Homebrew 0 March 26th 04 02:20 AM